• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Projectors : vehicles stunned !?!

talikan

Mar 18, 2006
Hi all,

I added a common projector to my map and I encoutered a weird bug : Vehicles in the shadow area of my projector are no more usable. You can't enter them anymore (the option to enter doesn't show up). Vehicles out of the area are still ok...

Well... Is it a known bug or a missing feature or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks.

PetitOurs.

Thanks for the answer.

Currently, I can't get projectors to fully work in my map.

I want to project a simple shadow on terrain AND on actors (players).

When the player spawns under the projector, the projector shadow is on him, right. If the player leaves the zone then comes back, no shadow at all. If he crouches, the shadow on him becomes right again...

BTW, the levelstatic option doesn't seems to work as described in http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/MainProjectorProperties#bLevelStatic, since when turned on, the shadow is still projected on (crouching!) actors if bProjectActor is true.

Well, I can still use the projector for terrain custom shadow...

Upvote 0
I've experienced the same problem. I wanted to put some nice oscillating shadows under the trees, looking really nice. But when you want to pick up an item lying in that shadow or even want to get into a vehicle: no chance to do that :(
The projector has projectActor=true

Anyone?

Can you Copy and Paste your Projector here.
(trust me.. it should paste a text decription of your projector)

Upvote 0
OK; so I got this correct..

You want an oscillating texture projected on everything (including players/vehicles).

I'll have to give it a try and report back. Give me a few days but stay tuned.

Also, so it's said for everyone else that might be curious about projectors; and I'm sure you know.. projectors don't display accurately in the editor after rebuilds. Always test in-game.

Upvote 0