• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Don't screw with Valve (or TWI for that matter)

If he was a US citizen, he could probably enroll in the USAF Cyber-Warfare Division..

I'd expect him to do a few years of time in prison, then end up going into the private sector as a security consultant. Sorta the path many (more famous) hackers did.

True, though there is allways Interpol, i woulden't be all that supriced if they have jobs for hackers.

Upvote 0
And he is probably at home now, waiting for when the trial starts, they held him in for interigation for a couple of days and will let him go after that, since he is no danger to others.
They won't keep him in prison before the trial on a case like this.

I guess he will get a sentence for some comunity work for 150 hours and a financial fine probably.

Upvote 0
Sexual assault, anything from 2 months up, circumstances dependant. Destroying many lives beyond repair in the process.

Stealing money from banks, at least one year with possible 2 years probation and / or psychologic treatment.

Hacking and credit card fraud, common sentences are five years in prison.

Corporations and banks value money more than humans.

Upvote 0
Given I have read this guy ripped off over 13 million Euro, I doubt he'd get community service, even in Holland. And frankly, without going into too much detail, this guy wasn't that great a hacker. He mostly relied on deception to get leaked versions of games, not any elite hacking skill.

Hm deception? I don't really see much crime here. The est. damage is industrywise totally unrealistic. Sorry to say but I would give him a year or two at max.

Upvote 0
Hm deception? I don't really see much crime here. The est. damage is industrywise totally unrealistic. Sorry to say but I would give him a year or two at max.

The guys spent millions of Euros from ripped off credit credit cards. And you don't see much crime? Thats not even estimated damages, that is REAL money the guy spent. And yes, delays of games and leaked games cost the industry millions. I can calculate almost exactly how much money this guy cost TWI (although I wouldn't announce it publicly). But if he caused our small company that much cost, I can easily see the losses for large companies running into the millions.

Upvote 0