• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fallout 3 Megaton..er.. MEGATHREAD

Reddog

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
Well apparently it's already banned in Australia due to the violence and supposed drug use. We need an R rating over here like NOW, but we don't have it because of some bible bashing MP in South Australia who's single vote has repeatedly sunk the idea.

Oh well, I'll order it from overseas anyway, but still it's rather silly don't you think.

Last edited:
Will I be able to punch kids in their faces and tore their bodies apart with my Bozar? If not, it will suck, even with "violence and drug usage"..

No, this is a sequel to Oblivion, not Fallout. And the ban was due the use of morphine not violence and as we all know violence doesn't belong there since oblivion target audience is too young for that.

Upvote 0
Oblivion was a good game, especially the first time I played it. However, once you complete all quests it becomes highly repetetive and boring. Hopefully there is much more diversity in Fallout 3.

It sucks though that it's banned in Australia. They've toned the game down. Personally I don't think anything should be banned, unless it's EXTREME.

Upvote 0
It's a shame governments are too ****ty to come up with a law to forbid selling certain games to minors rather than to ban the game all togheter.

Horray 1st. Amendment! Yahoo!

Although from recent reports it sounds like the kids in-game are going to be invincible. Which sucks. Deus Ex, fallout, and other games have had that before without massive public outcry. And I like how GTA is one of the most successful game franchises ever, and often includes prositution, drug trade and use, large amounts of profanity, and the ability to kill large numbers of law-enforcement officers...but don't put kids in Fallout 3 because that would make the game unsellable. Go figure.

It's just about suspension of disbelief. If you're in a firefight and shoot something with a rocket launcher, and it doesn't blow up, it cracks the game atmosphere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't worry. There WILL be mods for you bloodthirsty sick men. Just like Oblivion became actually playable and frankly, very enjoyable by modding. I'm really looking forward to this. Fallout 1 and 2 were probably the best gaming experiences for me. Like, ever.

@Stormer: Are you one of those insane, raging NMA-lunatics? Fans know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
And are you one of those bethesda lunatics who believe their every PR propoganda and how big fallout fans the devs are and how are they innovating by making an dumbed down fps with stats for consoles? I bet you were dissapointed with diablo 3 not being an fps too. :rolleyes: And so, tell me, why are you looking forward to this?

Upvote 0
It will be Oblivion with guns, even bethesda is claiming that for over half a year and saying how "it's a good thing" :rolleyes:.
Just look at the recent previews, http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/07/13/better-than-gears-of-war/ (notice "zero hype" for cod5, but oh my god fallout 3 is bigger than gta and better than gears of war!! :rolleyes:, that's all you could expect from a fallout game.),

"Fallout 3 is Oblivion 2" [...] "it feels like Oblivion - same engine, controls, freedom, and sense of place." [...] "in the initial run-through we forgot to tutorial VATS. People were playing without even knowing it existed and they just played it as a first-person shooter." [...] "Fallout 3 is a true follow-up to Oblivion" [...] "level scaling is the "tiny change" that sets Fallout 3 above Oblivion"

And the first gameplay video is going to be showed today, so you can expect full blatant lies like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zL8pyOP0VQI and how "NONE OF THIS IS SCRIPTED".

Or if you still think oblivion is the best rpg evar!!, you should maybe read http://damicat.googlepages.com/ and regain some brain cells.

Upvote 0
And are you one of those bethesda lunatics who believe their every PR propoganda and how big fallout fans the devs are and how are they innovating by making an dumbed down fps with stats for consoles? I bet you were dissapointed with diablo 3 not being an fps too. :rolleyes: And so, tell me, why are you looking forward to this?
We're writing the year 2008 and not 1998. You don't have to look forward to it, it's your good right. But games envolve and today simply nobody except for the die-hard FO2 fans(but probably not even all of them) would play a FO3 that's just like FO2. Games evolve and writing the year 2008 you can't just use 10 year old game mechanisms, it wouldn't really work out. And it's not like they're totally screwing it either.

Upvote 0
In Soviet Russia game bans you!

If the developers have humor they ban Australia from their game :D
meh screw that for a moment and watch the trailer! :D

god i'm hyped about this game now :D and how he took the fatman and vaporized those guys :D

very (very) brutal action+fallout atmosphere+rpg stuff=win

Last edited:
Upvote 0