• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

Some summaries written on Codies forums on the UK article that came out today in PC gamer (if you're in the UK please buy it and scan it! we have to wait in the states till july 22nd)

Its still early days, its not uncommon for tools to be mentioned right at the end of the production, at the end of the day the ultimate goal is to actually finish the game.

'Flashpoint found massive longevity with the mod community thanks to a super map editior, OPF2 will carry on this tradition'

Players can call in airstrikes and various other CAS support (Ah17 Super Cobras)

'They (the developers) understand turning OPF2 into a quick arcade stlye shooter simply will not work, its clear they understand the importance of the community, its clear the games natural home is the PC (consoles will have lower graphic fidelity) and that even the if the game will run on core 2 duos there building it for the future. And its clear that Codemasters understand the importance of multiplayer...... I ask about coop for OPF2 campaign (which has already been confirmed btw) and the smiles just widen'

Vehicles confirmed, Strykers, Bradley, M1a1 Abrams, Blackhawk, Cobras. Theres a chinease vehicle pictured (looks like a BTR with a large weapon system) several weapons including the SCAR Mk16 mod 0, MK48, M107, M4 / m16 and Javlein, chinease weapons spotted are the russian made RPG7, what looks like a QBB-95 LSW but it could be a PKM

Codies have employed two proffesional military historians to make sure everything is as real as it can get in regards to equipment, vehicles, behaviour and so on.

They have a 70 man team working just on content, while a large team back in the UK are working purely on gameplay & engine.

Mortars are in the game and heavy weapons require assembly first

Island is in 'areas' with varation for each, theres also a volcano

Combined arms campaign

All shots previewed where target renders, however all assets featured (including the Island) where ingame. Codies basically said at this stage the engine is there but there early into dev still, to quote
'"Can you do that?" I point at the incredible rendered scenes...... Brant Nicholas OPF2's Senior producer dosent even blink. "Yeah of course"

They have a guy dedicated to the production of true combat Ai, he has studied the US military training and uses what he calls 'the playbook' a series of tactics and techqnuies employed by the US

Upvote 0
One of the few good screenies and the teaser tomorrow will show no ingame scene ... which is pretty annoying :mad:

ofp2_trailer_preview_0_3592.jpg

Upvote 0
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294414&page=1&pp=10

If any one wants to read the thread.

I wish they would release real facts instead of this ... propaganda

<>

Compare this to the above post
:rolleyes:
If you're going to try and troll the screens and the developers, at least do so with some shred of truth. That picture that YOU posted is from ArmA, as mentioned by this post here: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4237257&postcount=64

I let myself to do the comparative photo (I used photo from incoming OFP2 trailer and screen from ArmA by Jump Artist).

ofp2vsarmaxr9.jpg
Present the full story next time. Don't try to pass it off like that picture you posted is from OpFor2, especially if you're going to make mention of "propaganda."

Now, as for the rest of you, go watch the trailer - http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/901430/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/OFP2_FMV_070908.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't really get the point of CGI trailers like this, sure its neat that they can toss togeather a nice cutscene-like vid useing ingame assets, but what does that really tell me about the game? i want to know what it really looks and plays like, thats the only thing that really matters, that's what i'll be seeing on my screen if i buy it, so show me that instead..

Upvote 0
They supposedly want to make it look like the final game so you get an idea of what it's going to look like. Unfortunately you can only estimate if the final game will be as cramped as the screenshots (I hope it won't be) and you can only really judge the art assets.
I guess they would show real in-game footage if it would remotely resemble the look of the final game. Maybe it does look like OPF1 at the moment. Maybe it looks like OPF2 with a high percentage of missing textures and place-holder models.

How it plays won't ever be shown in a trailer I'm afraid, but that's what text is for and as I wrote earlier what is written about the game seems to indicate it's going to rock.

Upvote 0