• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Connection Failed--README fixes did not work

Alright guys, we've got a potential fix for you, but we haven't made it fully public yet because we want you guys to test it and see if it fixes the issue. Follow these steps to obtain and test the fix:

Code:
1. Exit Steam(Right click on the System Tray Icon and select Exit)
2. Create, Copy, or Modify a shortcut to Steam.exe
3. Make the Target of the shortcut look like:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -beta OutOfBoundsFix
NOTE: Make sure it points to Steam.exe and not "C:\Program Files\Steam\"
4. Start up Steam and it should download the update
The update is so small, you probably won't even see it say "Downloading..."
Please let us know the results of your testing.

Upvote 0
To add to what Xienen said, you should probably do step 1 below first. I reposted the directions here:

Code:
1. Make sure Steam doesn't autostart with windows. Go to File->Settings->Interface and make sure "Run Steam when Windows starts" is NOT checked.
2. Exit Steam(Right click on the System Tray Icon and select Exit)
3. Create, Copy, or Modify a shortcut to Steam.exe
4. Make the Target of the shortcut look like:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -beta OutOfBoundsFix
NOTE: Make sure it points to Steam.exe and not "C:\Program Files\Steam\"
5. Start up Steam and it should download the update

Upvote 0
Dit will have to be tomorrow when i get to test it. so i will let you know then.

but its great you guys are on the ball.

if you don't mind me asking.. on a technical level what was the issue?

Lets just say Steam is an evolving system, and occasionally we have to update our code to keep things 100% working right.

Upvote 0
hello
sorry to be a bind but im clueless to this shortcut thing my ro has been fine till the other day and then connection failed as in this post now it refuses to work. could some1 put it in plain english what the cure is
thanks

ps, i need my daily fix

when is the other day? if that is when the patch came out then close down steam and ro. Then go to your steam folder and delete the clientregistry.blob make sure your firewall doesn't block anything either.

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same error message. I used to be able to play, but suddenly i got the error and couldn't play for over 4 months now. Really strange because it's just popping up like it's normal. When i doubleclick on the server it just says instantly "Connection Failed, Connection Failed". Thats it. nothing more nothing less.

All the fixes did not work for me btw

I really hate it, i really like the game and i'm probably not the only one who is having problems.

Does anyone knows abit more already?

Upvote 0
Hi everybody
I am having the very same problem of 'server failed', but my redorchestra.log doesn't say anything about "tickets"
Instead of that I think my error is

Warning: ROUT2K4Browser_Footer Package.ROUT2K4Browser_Footer (Function GUI2K4.UT2k4Browser_Footer.UpdateActiveButtons:00DE) Accessed None 'ch_Standard'

Although I ma not sure if i'm selecting the important line
I have previouly tried copying steam.dll everywhere and deleting the blob file
Does it help anyone to help us?
Thanks

Upvote 0