• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

D3D9 Crash thing

Cummaní

Jun 26, 2008
Yes Ive read the FAQ, but it hasnt worked. I changed what it told me in the .ini, the ; before the 2nd Render and taking away the ; in the first one. Or something similiar. I know Ive done it right anyways.

But you know what the problem is. Its stiiiiiiiill crashing. Quite game breaking. It usually only happens on my first game, so I just load up again and play for an hour (usually) or 2 (less likely) before it crashes.

Its nerve wrecking :( I was so happy to have found an answer, then I tried it, and I was overcome with anger to find that it still crashed. I hope TWI can fix this, as their answer didnt really help. I dont want them to become Bethesda Softworks who just sit there going "lol k" while the community is desperate for a fix (*ahem* PS3 Vampire bug).

But I shouldnt be saying as TWI already tried, so my apologizes.

Ive tried verifying local game cache or whatever, in Steam. No luck, etc

I have a pretty average (BAD) setup

2 2.6GHZ Intel Pentium D processors
1GB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 6200LE 128MB

(I guess it would be ok if I had a decent graphics card, but Im too cheap)

So if anyone has any notion on what else I can do to solve it, pleeeeease tell me in this thread! Please! Sil tu plait! Bitte! Mas

Got me there...

Right click on your Desktop/properties/advanced/card/pilot/driver...
This should give you some information.

As far as I know we are dealing with an somewhat older graphics card, which in itself may be causing problems.

Here is the latest driver for the 6x series.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

I am not giving this as a solution but its worth a try.
Keep in mind that even with generic drivers, the old folks get left behind...

I have an old machine that is not used for gaming (well, a little bit) on which I have installed the drivers that came with the card = 6600 and all runs well.
To each card its moment as me old mum used to say...

Hint : look for a driver that was released in May/June 2006.

Just to let you know that you're not on your own, I'm having a wild time with the latest Nvidea drivers and a certain game that has made me step back my driver by one.
Lo and behold, not a crash since...

Good luck.

Upvote 0
DISREGARD ALL THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played about 4 more games and **** hit the fan. Im really sorry. But I hope you can understand on why Id think it fixed it, because I played 8 games and no problems, and I usually crashed after my first game.

Again, Im really sorry.

Im really annoyed at this... When I first bought this back in September everything was fine, then I got bored with it and uninstalled for a few months and then all this starts. Uninstalled again and no luck.

It should be working with my card, its not really a high spec game...

I shouldve thought of the drivers before, now I really cant think of anything else to help me :(

Upvote 0
So, now make sure that you have an up to date DirectX.
It might be useful to install the last build of OpenAl.
Check your sound settings.
A healthy computer is a happy computer.
CrapCleaner is useful to clean out your unwanted cookies and much more besides...Read the 'read me'.

Upvote 0