• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire at Gotland Game Awards 2008

dsc02629zy6.jpg

Mmmm special driving shorts.... boy they must have made a packet...Lol...:D

Upvote 0
not certainly although they were looking for coders for future games on pc and next generation consoles. As said in one of the earlier interviews i don't think they got a console license.

If you read the interview with John in the other thread he say's it would be stupid for them not to release on consoles, and the Tripwire team sound like shrewd buisness men so I would bet the next release will be PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. ;)

Upvote 0
I think it would be good if they made a console version because they would develop for PC and port to consoles (and not the other way).

And I am pretty sure they are not making an PS3 because it is difficult to develop for.

Also Tripwire deserves the added sales from the console market and maybe this brings a larger palyerbase which wouldn't be bad at all.

Upvote 0
I'm worried it's not going to be RO2 :(

Something just tells me it's gonna be modern.

Damn it!

To be honest i wouldnt mind that too much, one positive is nerfing of some of the guns wouldnt be as necessary like it is in ro presently to give rifle men a chance on some of the smaller maps.
But tbh i'd doubt they'd move from ww2 new game types, graphics features, maps is what i expect and hey i wouldn't complain.

Upvote 0
To be honest i wouldnt mind that too much, one positive is nerfing of some of the guns wouldnt be as necessary like it is in ro presently to give rifle men a chance on some of the smaller maps.
But tbh i'd doubt they'd move from ww2 new game types, graphics features, maps is what i expect and hey i wouldn't complain.
Eh? Dude bolt rifles rock man... the other guns don't need "nerfing'.

Nothing wrong with having some players running around with slightly better gear, keeps the game interesting and makes teamwork important.

I'm sorry but having everyone running around with M4s and AKs will take away a LOT from this kind of game.

Upvote 0
We've already got Arma2, Operation Flashpoint 2, and Ground Branch to handle the modern theater. I want another modern ultra realistic WW2 game, preferably on the Eastern front.

Getting kills in RO is about 10x more satisfying than any other game because the guns are actually more than just point and click.

Upvote 0
We've already got Arma2, Operation Flashpoint 2, and Ground Branch to handle the modern theater. I want another modern ultra realistic WW2 game, preferably on the Eastern front.

Getting kills in RO is about 10x more satisfying than any other game because the guns are actually more than just point and click.

To be honest if Tripwire did WW2 I would not be suprised to see a multi-theatre game. Its a route CoD has taken and it has always worked well, its certainly a way to maximise its popularity whilst having the less common battlegrounds included. :)

Upvote 0
Eh? Dude bolt rifles rock man... the other guns don't need "nerfing'.

Nothing wrong with having some players running around with slightly better gear, keeps the game interesting and makes teamwork important.

I'm sorry but having everyone running around with M4s and AKs will take away a LOT from this kind of game.

I never said they werent good and i never said guns needed more nerfing(i thought i implied the opposite), what i meant is some of the russian smgs and some other ones have overly strong recoil when in iron sights standing to the point where your normally better off just hipping it at least at close to medium range. This i warrant is to prevent the smg roles totally dominating some of the smaller urban maps.
Btw i do like the rifle's but you cant deny the smgs do have overly strong recoil in order to balance things a bit. Also there are plently of good tactical games with aks m4's and other modern weapons?
Personally for the record i'd prefer another ww2 game the setting and weapons are awesome but i'd be happy with a modern setting too.

Upvote 0