• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Patch Status

602RAF_Puff

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
This is taken from the DH forums, Psycho_Chicken has been working on the bug along with the devs...

Just a quick update for everyone on the progress of the patch. I know that it was promised that the patch would be released this weekend and that many people are upset and disappointed that so far it has not. As such, I feel that an explanation is in order.

I have been working in conjunction with the DH devs over the last few days to try and find a solution to the crash issue and while we had managed to reduce the frequency of the crashes, we couldn't eliminate them completely. The intention had been to simply release what we had and at the very least, try to improve people's game experiences, however at the eleventh hour we had a breakthrough. Once we realised that we had potentially come up with a proper fix, we decided that it was better to delay the patch for a day or so to fully implement the fix and test it out. We felt that we couldn't release a patch that we knew didn't work while we sat on a fix that potentially did.

At the time of posting, we are cautiously optimistic that we have managed to nail this bug. It's impossible to be 100% sure just yet as we haven't yet had long enough to test it fully, however since implementing these changes we have been able to play through multiple US maps in a row without experiencing a single crash. We will continue to test it and if it manages to hold up ok, it will be packaged up along with the new sounds, fixed maps and a smattering of other tweaks and bug fixes, and released in a few short hours.

We sincerely apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused by not making our intended release date, however we would rather wait an extra day or two and release a working product than to rush a patch out the door and break our promise of a fix. I suspect that the majority of you guys would too.

Thank you all for your patience this last week and for your continued support. Believe me when I say that the guys really appreciate it.