• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

our forums should now be accessible to those who are not registered also: http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/

we have been working hard on testing and developping a fix for this bug, it is much harder to fix than we thought. anyway something will happen today friday, if we can't fix it today then we will use a temporary solution to solve the problem and by the same way release all our updated and fixed maps along with a brand new set of sounds for almost every weapon and vehicle in the shape of a patch.
i have tried the new sounds and believe me the are freekin amazing. i seriously can't wait untill we replace the other german sounds also by these freekintastic sounds.
tight now we will have new amazing mg42 sound and brand new sounds for the tiger tank wich are i think you will agree orgasmic.
Awesome,i hope the tiger will now have a scary sound:D

Upvote 0
I have no doubt the model is accurate but why are there 3 loops for the carrying strap?

Garand also has three.

The top one is not used for the sling it is used to as a stacking swivel. You use it to connect three rifles together.

If you look at most Garands you will notice that the top loop is bent at an angle for this reason.

Oops Sorry, looks like this was answered already.

Hard to read a gazillion page thread LOL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well stormer, i invite you to come post your critiscism on our forums so you can help us improve the mod. same goes for psycho sam.
or perhaps could it be that some people don't want the mod to be succesfull??

i can't figure of any valable reason why a being capable of counting at least to 10 would not wish us the best. well i wish all the other mods the best.
who knows psycho, i might could have been a mapper for your mod, if it wasn't for the fact that when i joined the RO community as a debutant mapper, that half the MN team started demolishing me right from the start.
but don't worry about me guys, i found a home over at the DH team, where we have a nice community, supportive players and a good atmosfere.

Upvote 0
well stormer, i invite you to come post your critiscism on our forums so you can help us improve the mod. same goes for psycho sam.

I heavily want it to be succesfull, as i like it more than the two other mods - which doesn't mean that they're bad. I dont like the scenario of 'em. But for DH to be succesfull, the crash bug has to be fixed, asap. It hat been almost ten days since DH was released.

Upvote 0

i can't figure of any valable reason why a being capable of counting at least to 10 would not wish us the best. well i wish all the other mods the best.
who knows psycho, i might could have been a mapper for your mod, if it wasn't for the fact that when i joined the RO community as a debutant mapper, that half the MN team started demolishing me right from the start.
but don't worry about me guys, i found a home over at the DH team, where we have a nice community, supportive players and a good atmosfere.

agreed, some of us love building a mod , others love bragging about their work and others love to criticize others hard work, be it good or less, to hell.

the self indulgent attitude which i notice by some posters is of a kind i would never express to another person trying to build something... for others to enjoy, in their spare time with no payment whatsoever.

and i see this behavior as the beginning of the demise of a once good community.

thanks guy's......

Upvote 0
olol, all I was saying is that a mod that crashes often in a first release puts many people off, with software/mods these days if you don't get a stable release people won't stick around for long. Then if you do improve upon the stability it takes a while for people to trust the software again, lets hope this is not the case for RO. ;)

Upvote 0
I want to tell you all about the missing part of track on the firefly its on both sides back bottom of the tank track.Its on the the last wheel track piece missing dont matter where i drive it when come to a stop piece missing

A picture would be nice, but ty for the bug report I will add it to my tank bug list.If anyone has more bugs they'd like to report please try to post them on the DH-forums(http://forums.darkesthourgame.com), ty

"kingtiger"

Tiger II will be a fun and realistic tank Im sure some of you guys have played around with AB the Panther is kind of hard to destroy (assuming you dont get those "random" 1 shot kills) from the front with a T-34/85 but that does not make it invulnerable Ive seen even a T-34/76 kill it with a good flank shot Tiger II is the same way. The way to balance the Tiger II would be to make it a rare vehicle (no more than 1 per map) with limited spawns also the Allies will also get a little something too in a bit-:D

Upvote 0
the action seen by the tiger II on the westfront was more of the "getting stuck between two houses or even inside a house" type of action. it was not playing at all in its best habitat. thats why i think only the best tankers will get "something" done with this monster. if you take of with it thinking its an uber weapon then you may aswell leave it at spawn and avoid the humilation of getting pwned in a kingtiger ;)

Upvote 0
Saving private RYan map!?

Saving private RYan map!?

I just have to say great mod and...!

The creater of the map Foy should make the map remagen bridge from the last combat sceen in the movie Saving private Ryan. That would be so fun to play it. Specially if it looks good as FOY map for DH!!

Also some one try to make the Arnhem map from the Movie " A Bridge to far" good old war movie.

Keep those cool maps coming!
:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just have to say great mod and...!

The creater of the map Foy should make the map remagen bridge from the last combat sceen in the movie Saving private Ryan. That would be so fun to play it. Specially if it looks good as FOY map for DH!!

Also some one try to make the Arnhem map from the Movie " A Bridge to far" good old war movie.

Keep those cool maps coming!
:)

I think your getting confused, Remagen bridge is in the film "The Bridge at Remagen" lol.

Upvote 0