• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And old player is seeking to return to the battlefield

What's up guys?

Don't know if anyone remembers me, or if any of you older guys are still around, but I was a rifleman for Core back in the day of the UT2k4 mod. I went by the nic SubEffect.

I lost my net connection about the time Ostfront came out and I only got it back 2 years later (at speeds enough for gaming anyway).

To cut a long story short I've tried a few MP FPSs now, most recently Insurgency Mod for HL2, and nothing comes close to the visceral ferocity of RO. Soooo.... I just wanted to ask - how healthy is the online gaming community at the moment? I missed this recent sale but I've been a fool to not come back here for so long. You may see me on the front soon.

Coming back

Coming back

There are always plenty of active servers but, as always, there could be more.
I would say come back mate it is just such a brilliant game.
Sometimes I am so busy with work that i don't get on for a few weeks.
When I get a fix it's amazing and that buzz never wears off.

One damn fine game indeed and I have played for about 18 months now.

Andy

Upvote 0
I've got to get my hands on the game now. I'm going to try and pick it up today, if I get the chance to fit it in around work.

Hey there Steven. Wow, still around? That's dedication or just pure love. I've re-activated my Core forums membership. Once I have the game, and a bit of practice with the new stuff I'll be in touch. Clan Suomi still around and pwning us all? :p

Upvote 0