• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO 2nd on the Steam top seller's list

i bought the game at 19.99 last year.. and i gotta say, the game should be $5 from here on out. I mean they dont spend a lot of time updating it, the game has made it's money.. it just needs more players now, and with the $5 promotion, you can see that it works. no offence but the game is not worth $20 now :eek:

Upvote 0
Yeah I agree with the one poster, at this point the game should simply drop to 5 bucks permanently and that would start filling the servers more. I just wish they would have posted some notice all week before the weekend because I could have gotten tons to get it.

Now that the 5 buck weekend has come and gone and not being able to communicate that great deal to those people has now gotten no extra players because by the time they got home on Monday to finally get it, the sale was over. That's what happens when you don't see these folks on weekends or communicate with them on the weekend and ONLY see them at work... :mad:

So the next time this is done PLEASE give warning so folks can wait till that day or simply just lower the price to 5 from here on out.

Upvote 0
I do not think the game should be permanently dropped. One thing I noticed from a lot of the new guys was that they were expecting a horrible game since it was so cheap. I think if it stays at $5 then there will be a misconception that it is a cheaply made game which of course isnt the case.

Although I do believe there should be another sale. June 22nd would of been a good date, the beginning of Operation Barborossa. But I guess that would be too soon. How about August 23rd? Beginning of the Battle for Stalingrad?

Upvote 0
I do not think the game should be permanently dropped. One thing I noticed from a lot of the new guys was that they were expecting a horrible game since it was so cheap. I think if it stays at $5 then there will be a misconception that it is a cheaply made game which of course isnt the case....

As I had to explain over a year ago to some kids in WalMart who saw the boxed game for $20. They were saying it must be some bad cheap game because it cost so little and came from a company they never heard off. I straightened them out (don't know if they bought it though).

Too cheap all the time looks bad as well, but I am glad we got a bunch of new players :)

Upvote 0
Best $5 I ever spent

Best $5 I ever spent

Saw a lot of positive comments (and usual noob frustration) last few days...basically that it was the best $5 they ever spent. One Russian comment on berezina was, "I'm such a noob, I just ran the wrong way on the map!"...still laughing about it! :p He must have been running 5 minutes from Crossroads all the way back to East Bank! Hah! It's nice to get a fresh group of recruits to revitalize the game, even though it adds to our frustration on why these clowns just don't get it that this is a cap zone game!

Upvote 0
Another thing they could do is for those who own the game for a certain amount of time, give us instead of FREE weekend passes, give 2 passes we can simply give away for a purchase of 4.99.

That would even be a great way of doing it. Just think if all of us that play on a constant basis had say a few DISCOUNT PASSES how many more people we could get on board and they'd be sitting there for when we'd want to share the experience. This would also bring more CLANS from say other types of games because they'd be able to keep passing on 4.99 passes to their friends until the whole clan or group of friends had the game.

They could even just give those passes to those who have owned the game for say a year, give each of us 2 passes that we would give away and their purchase price would be 4.99.

When it would all be said and done, once you gave those 2 people the CHEAP purchase pass they'd get 2 as well and before you know it, it would snowball and TWI/Steam still would be getting the money and keep the price for those that don't purchase it or that did not get a pass from someone else and that go through steam normally would still have to pay $20.

This way it wouldn't just be a weekend, and I could at any time give away a pass to say folks I only see at work and never could get a hold of on a weekend etc.

Upvote 0