• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day of Defeat - Discussion thread

:rolleyes:

Damm, funny enough i never missed "archievments" in ro. Why play for some virtuall goodys...

mhh.... a golden bayo might have been nice..or the "holy handgrenade"

Well achievements seem to work, not only on TF2 and other Orange Box games but the 360 too. In fact its one of the reasons to buy one for some strange reason. Maybe people want to "look" good.
But no Achievements for RO! (not that they would add them now )
might download DOD:S once the beta has finished though just to see if all the new stuff is worth it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems they've combined TF2 with DOD:S and called it DOD:S beta. From what I've heard from DOD:S realism units, this will simply kill realism in DOD:S. (Yeah, I know "DOD:S was never realistic blah blah" not my point.)

:rolleyes: The so called "realism" units should probably stop complaining if they're going to whine about it for Day of Defeat. Even on gldsrc, it was never realistic or really close to being as such.

Upvote 0
this beta update is a failure. plus to think some clans try to go realism when the game itself was not meant to be realism. idiot! anyways i was a hardcore dod player and even follow in to source version. and this update change nothing but more people whining on how bad this game is. i bet the devs didnt even work that hard on releasing an update as they add tf2 features to DoD and fix a few accuracy with assault class. not even a new map. :mad: oo well dod aint much of a game to me any more so i dont play it. :)

Upvote 0
this beta update is a failure. plus to think some clans try to go realism when the game itself was not meant to be realism. idiot! anyways i was a hardcore dod player and even follow in to source version. and this update change nothing but more people whining on how bad this game is. i bet the devs didnt even work that hard on releasing an update as they add tf2 features to DoD and fix a few accuracy with assault class. not even a new map. :mad: oo well dod aint much of a game to me any more so i dont play it. :)
Sounds to me like you haven't even played the game in its BETA form, but are just trolling. I say this considering they did add a new map, and the overwhelming response I see while playing on servers is how much improved the BETA is over the non-BETA version of the game.

They adjusted recoil and CoF rates back to the pre-Source version for all classes, they made graphical improvements, added in more crosshair options, fixed the left peak bug, added in Steam Community integration with Steamworks, and beyond the fixes they already made to maps are still working on more. All this and more that I don't feel the need to post when you can just read about it all - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=390

If you're going to post like you are, at least know what you're talking about first.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to play it anymore until it's out of beta, because that's just a waste of time achievement-wise because they'll get resetted once beta is over anyways.
My achievements in the TF2 Beta carried over to retail TF2, so I would expect it to be the same in this case.

And what's this saying that they turned the game into TF2? The only thing that could possibly be construed as making it less realistic is the explosions.

Boo hoo they implemented a death cam similar to that in TF2... do you guys remember what the death cam was like before this? The camera just tracked the player that killed you from the spot where you died, so basically you got to watch him walk around in the distance for a few seconds before you respawned.

The new death cam zooms in and takes a freeze frame, so its much less likely to "give away the player's position" than the old death cam.

Also, people have whined for years about the CoF on the weapons being different than how they were in goldsource DoD. Now that the CoF is back to how it was originally, you cry because its somehow less realistic?

I'm starting to think you people just hate anything that gets changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
DoD:S is a crap game. I'm not even comparing it to 'realistic' games such as Red Orchestra or anything in the genre. They took a solid formula that had enough WWII elements in a good gaming package and made it triite garbage. Now they are adding TF2 fluff to try and attract more players? That's just stupid. RO has its faults but I have never been more frusterated than when playing DoDS.

Upvote 0
ive enjoyed playing beta in the last few weeks, never played much non beta version, but now it kinda feels better, cant put my finger on it but smth has changed. As for achievments, dont really care about them a nice plus maybe, but nothing more, dont care if they exist or dont exist. Just my 2c

Upvote 0