• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Press Release: DH Manual

Various obeservations:
- The default driver view for Allied tanks is.. black? Only switching positions was I able to see.
- When Allied driver has his head up the turret cuts through the view because the allied driver view is too high.
- Stug IV: no driver hatch?
- Allied tanks in general are a big ouch. They work well in combined arms but against armor they painful to play with.
- The ground textures some several maps are subpar. The map Cagny really caught my eye.

Upvote 0
I just can't get used to the Axis being the reds, oposite to RO or the other mods

my overall impressions of this mod is that it wasn't ready even for a first beta, there is just too much content and none of it seems polished, it still has the potential to be great

another thing, if there are going to be some weapons common from the diferent mods, why don't you guys just work together and share, you can save a lot of time and use it to fix more bugs

Upvote 0
Already said some of this earlier, but hey....

-The British weapons (especially the sten and revolver) need to take up A LOT more space on the screen, atm they can hardly be seen, which is not so good. The Bren seems fine, but the rest do need to take up more space. The revolver for example can't even be seen unless you look straight upwards, where a tiny bit of the muzzle comes into view.

-Payer skins, mainly allied ones, go really wierd and glitch at spawn, and only stop when the person starts moving. Looks like the skin has been removed, muddled up, and put back on. Also, the allies sometimes spawn with german player skins, and you can imagine the problems caused...

-Sounds are wierd, mainly again for the British weapons. The enfield sounds like a fricken spud gun, where it should sound quite the opposite for a .303 sized round! The american BAR also sounds strange, almost like an echoe, it doesn't fit in well with the other sounds going on around it.Alot of the weapons across the board also seem to share the same sounds, I do hope this is changed. I've also noticed that a few reload animation sounds are not in sync with the reload animations, can't remeber what weapons.

-Noticably more fps lag compared to RO on alot of maps, could optimizations be made?

-Lastly is the crashes that keep occuring, but everyone knows about this so...yea

Other than that, what I've seen so far has been really good, loads of potential for the future. Just get the bugs/improvements sorted and ya good to go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are working on the fixes as I type this, please bear with us and will be trying our hardest to get the crash bug and weapons sounds Patched sometime next week.

thanks for the comments so far and we will keep you posted on our progress.
We would like to say that if at all possible any bugs, errors or problems people are having, could they please post in our forums, We can then keep it all in one place and can find and fix these things alot easier.

thanks Exo

Upvote 0