• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vassili rocked the house!

cpl_hans_buckeye

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2007
Ohio, USA
Last night on 'Old Glory', call sign Vassili was leading the charge at Barashka to overcome the AT Guns cap zone. Russian side was dominating with defense, skilled players (clanners) and well placed arty was putting the kabash on the German attack. Vas took over matters, called the apes to one flank or the other, and did the 3 2 1 count down, RUSH! Maybe 8 - 10 guys would get setup and charge at command. It was actually quite fun and haven't seen that level of team work in a very long time. At one point, he even had us crawling to the rock at the far far right to do a flank charge that worked! It was neat to see the 'squad' crawling together as a unit.

Point is this; even with the limited maps we are limited to play on the few remaining populated servers, there is still more enjoyment to be had from this game. Sometimes you have to create or participate in a situation to make it fun. Vassili took the chance and organized an assault. Good job!

If you're bored but still want to play, do something different. Take the rifleman position and master the 'nade and bayonet. Make it your mission to rush the final line at Berezina. Play the Russian tank on Kyrukova and see if you can make it effective. Take artillery spotter on BlackDayJuly and see if you can make a difference in stopping the German advance. See if PTRD on SmolenskStalemate is worth a darn.

It's up to you. And we really need you to keep playing, keep our servers populated, and keep the faith that RO will be with us for a long time to come!

Danke and Speseba

Get off the 'Old Glory' server and help seed 2MANNY'S and you'll see this stuff happen every night. :p

It's still good to see this stuff happening on the TWB servers though. Problem is that the way those servers are set up, dedicated attempts at squad movement is overrun by endless suicidal SMG troopers and arty spam.

I loved playing the SL on certain maps though, my favorite used to be playing the Russian leader on Kriegstadt and co-ordinating charges on the attack at the Motlke. It's so great to see the whole team get up and start running when you shout "Lets go boys!", then someone else chimed in with a pretty authentic sounding "Urrrrahhh!" as we charged forward through the MG fire.

Upvote 0
YEah, Ive had some excellent games on Kreigstadt for that very reason! I had an outstanding game last night on TWB- Leningrad. On defense The team held ATgun for the whole round- excellent teamwork and communication with people covering all the entryways into the cap. The only downside was one person spamming "rush the sewers, ignore the surface" all round: thankfully no-one listened.

Anyway- it made me realise that with good maps on a decent server this game is still very much alive and kicking :)

ps- I keep looking for 2mannys but it always seems to be full :p

Upvote 0
I was there. Both sides had SL's that worked well. The axis where using smoke, arty, and human waves to break the defenses, but the Allies where coordinated and unified. At any other time each of these teams should of dominated the other. When they faced off it was an intense struggle that was truly a blast to be part of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was the Russian SL on Basovka for this battle. I was wondering who was getting the Germans so well organized. You guys really had us guessing. I was chasing you all map with that arty. We where setup well but everyone knew that at any second there would be a wave of Germans rushing at em. Made for very intense moments and enjoyment. That was one epic struggle. I am glad others enjoyed it as much as myself.

Upvote 0
Logistic, I was there last night and Kriegstadt was a steamroll until we got to that bridge which I knew it would be. I was yelling or should I say barking a lot of orders and when they finally listened to me (The Tankers) we were finally able to take the bridge in true WWII form.

Everyone finally followed the tanks up onto the bridge and used the tanks as cover - I just wish someone would have recorded that last few minutes of that battle it would have made one hell of a movie.

I know I get out of hand at times on VOIP but I'm usually doing it for the better of the team but you have those times where no one listens and then it just gets frustrating... Great battle though on Kriegstadt no doubt.

2Manny's has over 100+ maps, 40 Players, all the most popular mods implemented and has Carpathian Crosses as well and we have admins always onboard and some of the most skilled of players. Come join us and lets keep the popular servers full and with variety.

Last edited:
Upvote 0