• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Problems with Server Browser

Just thought I'd add my voice. I too have all the same issues and adding to favourites doesn't solve it. Even when I do manage to join a game and I know people are playing because I can hear them, it doesn't tell me how many and won't let me join claiming all the player types are full. This has been known about for months now and I would of thought it would of been fixed.

edit: I've found my solution. I downloaded Counterstrike Source and play that instead. Comparatively crap game but at least its playable. I hope RO doesn't die because of these bugs but people won't wait around forever.

Upvote 0
They did reply to the early threads about this issue. I think were all hoping to get a response and things fixed. But if anything a want news of game2 and game2 itself more. As long as they for now are working on something I'm content.
Remember that Yoshiro the old public relations guy isn't with TWI anymore, so somewhat the link for now with the devs might be a bit faded. But we should see game2 before we judge it :p.
Remember that posting negative posts (negative and criticism are a different thing) in the end will only scare them away from this place ;o.

Upvote 0
Server browser

Server browser

I missed the early threads about the server browser. I check this one when I fire up RO for a game and find that my filters don't work, that one server was listed with 70/32 players, and instead of running across the battlefield in my limited game time, I'm clicking each server to show the true playercount.

The devs won't be scared off with negative posts. That might have been possible a few years ago when they were hobbiests making RO as a mod for the fun of it. Now they're businessmen. On Friday the service manager at the local dealership didn't hide when I drove up in my old Ford truck, he shook my hand and asked how he could help me. I don't mind waiting for parts for my truck, and I don't mind waiting for parts or patches for my programs. Just make it clear that you've ordered them.

The customer is always right.

Upvote 0
From what I've been led to understand it is due to servers giving back bad info actually. I've passed what I know on to TWI however I know no more than you do.

But if you hold your mouse on a server you will individually track a server (same if you add servers to your favorites). And these 2 options are actually ways people use to bypass the issue, clicking on the server to find the actual player count. Or using favourites to find all servers.

I would find it weird if its the fault of the actual game server unless the player count is called of the server in a different way from how clients and the old master server call player accounts.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0