• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are players cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it all boils down to the fact that there are players out there that do know how to go into files and change settings , like monstar said. having infinite stamina, quick reload, no recoil, things of this nature are possible to set. all it takes is someone who knows what they are doing to be able to open up files and set cheats. i personally know a player (who will rename nameless to protect any kind of accusations against him) who is a genius when it comes to this kind of stuff. he's shown me how and where to do this, but from everyone who knows me, why would i need to hack? i think i can dominate enough on my own, not to brag of course ;). the majority of servers have enough anti-cheat programs and scripts to protect against this, but there are still some players who find ways to bypass them. a really interesting thing that this guy told me about is this program that you can run that will identify any player that has changed any of these settings, which would be an indication of a hack, and you can actually jump into their first person mode and see exactlly what they are seeing. with any game recording system, like fraps for example, this could all be recorded. the only thing is that it is technically a hack to find hacks! :rolleyes: if our league gets going, and this program really exists like he says, we will impliment it into servers for referees to admin matches and have them recorded if any issues occur. if the league doesn't work out and we join ROLadder, we would be glad to give the info about it. on the matter of hipshooting, it takes months of playing 15-20 hours a week and practice on individual weapons to get good at it. for example, i usually use the SVT40 or a bolt and have practiced enough with them so that i can hipshoot people from across the map, and of of course there is always some luck involved ;). anyway, the point is there are always gonna be people that are computer "geeks" that can find was to hack, but luckly there are only a few. but as players continue to play RO there will be accusations, while many of which are false, there are some that are true, the trick is just being able to have definitive evidence to prove it.................

Upvote 0
After being killed 4 times in a row by a hip shot in less than 5 minutes, I have to believe someone is using an aim bot. Are there people that good that no matter how much you are moving they can run into a room and kill you four times in a row from the hip? What do they do? Put a sticker on their monitor so they know where to sight you with the rifle? :rolleyes:

I used to think the same thing and royally sucked at hip shooting and I ONLY ever use a bolt action only because I play for the challenge. Over the last few months I've really gotten good at it and as someone said the best place to practice is against the bots and once you know how far off center to aim then you'll be dead on some of the times. I still miss when I really thought I had a good hipshot or you'll see blood fly and NOT get the kill so it's not as deadly as you think then you have to re-bolt and if someone is all over you forget it.

Now one thing I still suck at is Bayo and there are guys out there that can stab the living day lights out of you all the time and never have to fire a shot and are sometimes better at that than even at a hip shot, my biggest problem for the Bayo is my keyboard key doesn't always work. Some guys are even deadly accurate with a Panzurfaust - so you think getting hit with a bolt action hip shot wait till you die 3 or 4 times by one of these over and over, now that and the Bayo can really be humiliating...

Upvote 0
I know for a fact CLOWN cheats. I have proof. Rez is the biggest cheater of them all. I know this cause I seen him. I know Sightburner is a hampster and Vader is in outter space. As you can tell my post is getting more and more far fetched. There are terrain spots on some maps and hope no one uses them and the people that know about them do not tell anyone about them. This game struggles enough to bring in the element of cheating into it. I love this game and have a great time playing it with alot of you who have posted. I always say BS or JUNK when someone gets over me. This does not mean I am calling someone a cheater, but just my way to vent my frustration. Hopefully this thread will be locked and we can move on.

Mein*Teil uses the back door admin script to fly around the map and shoot the enemy when they are in spawn!!:D

Upvote 0
Yep we all cheat there it is it's all fact, everyone in the community simply cheats... Sorry everyone we had to spill the beans about that.

Skill = Cheat - I knew sooner or later people would figure that out and realize all the cheaters that frequent the game...

Anyway cheating aside I do throw my BS out there a lot too and mine is for the same reasons Mein_Teil mentioned. The game sure can frustrate me at times. I do know though I'll be keeping an eye out for you now Mein - this way we can see whose cheat works better (remember that means skill)... :D:D:D

Upvote 0
that should settle it then. for all you that have said hacks don't exist and only .01% of players use them........i don't think so. the fact is that there are a good number of players that use them.....the problem is that they are never caught on camera. about this special software, it does exist. it will most definitely be used to record every match we play from now on because our clan has access to it. good luck hackers! and yes it is said that people will use this crap and have there screens look like a mess just so that they can win....it is a shame....

Upvote 0
About "bolt hipshooting cheaters" accusations; bear in mind there are players who play RO for many years and some of them are "exclusive" bolters. There are many in guys in clan scene that may hipshoot you " 28 times in 4 minutes from a gazillion meters". Mastering hipshooting is like the "proficiency exam" of clanning :)

For other cheats, I've yet to see a guy with an aimbot. BUT I do know that there are wallhacking programs out there. These guys are revealed and banned almost instantly in clan scene, but it's not very possible to notice them in public servers.

Upvote 0
I die alot and like to think that its down to the skill of my opponent (been away for sometime)

But at the end of the day i play to enjoy myself and to get away from work/home worries. Its all a crack to me playing this..i die i die.........if i shoot you then im happy, but what the hell hey> just enjoy this great game.

:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.