• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Falkland War Mod?

Scipiiouse

Feb 19, 2006
I have recently been practicing with mod tools, and an idea hit me- what about a mod for the Falklands conflict? If not for anything else, just to see if it would work, it would be interesting because there is was a lot of new and old technology, for example, The UK were still using Lancaster Smg's while some infantry were using more modern weapons, such as the new M16 additions, also, there was a lot of territory grabbing involved.

Or Maybe a cold war offset conflict.

A problem that would need to be solved would be to stop it becoming a BF2-for-RO mod, but you know, one step at a time, and first to see if there is any intrest at all

Wouldn't work I don't think. The Falklands conflict took place on the island and nowhere else. If you know anything about the island, you will know that it is very barren, bleak place, no huge settlements, just vast open scrubland with many high points. Most (if not all) of the fighting took place on the high points in the island, all very similar to one another, just rocky, grassy hill tops basically. Therefore, what I'm trying to say is that there is little to no scope for making a mod for it. You make a map for one battle, all the other maps will be identical seeming all the fighting took place in similar areas. There was also no tank combat whatsoever, and the weapons were limited (both sides used the same basic rifle, the FN FAL, Brits version the L1A1 was semi, the Argies version wasn't being the only difference), and it was only the SBS and SAS who used the M16, or AR15, and the fighting they took part in would be very difficult to represent in a RO mod, therefore meaning it probably wouldn't be fesable to put the special forces and hence the M16s in at all. As you can see, the Falklands war just lacks what is needed by a game, ie. varied environments, loads of weapons, varied comabat and lots of vehicles.

Upvote 0