• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34489.html
New gameplay footage.
Still looks pretty buggy, but it's coming along nicely I guess.

3rd Person model doesnt move its mouth when giving a command, and the model clips his hand trough the tommy. And the bazooka doesnt blow up small walls. Bit weird.

I know it's still beta, but dont think that the bazooka will act diffirent in the gold version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Criticism:

-The constant *****ing about not giving commands
-You can easily stand in the open and give orders, which looks damn stupid.

I think the constant *****ing about not giving commands just comes from a lack of variety of things for the troops to yell right now. I'm pretty sure they will add more to break up that annoyance.
In the end, i do want my troops to continue yelling stuff instead of just staying quiet all the time.

Apart from the issues allready pointed out, on a positive note i think the basic gameplay is shaping up pretty well.

Upvote 0
Yelling: Yelling worked very well in BiA1. It did wonders for the atmosphere. As long as they don't repeast themselves all the time they can yell all they want. :) It's not a stealth game by any standard and screaming and swearing makes the combat seem much more intense.
Slo-Mo: BiA aims for movie-like realism so a slo-mo feature seems to fit in quite nicely for some dramatic moments.

Upvote 0
Yelling: Yelling worked very well in BiA1. It did wonders for the atmosphere. As long as they don't repeast themselves all the time they can yell all they want. :) It's not a stealth game by any standard and screaming and swearing makes the combat seem much more intense.
Slo-Mo: BiA aims for movie-like realism so a slo-mo feature seems to fit in quite nicely for some dramatic moments.

Yeah BiA never was that realistic, but i still enjoyed it a whole lot cause at least it wasnt making a run and gun bull**** shooter out of itself.
Instead, it all 'felt' real instead of really being real.
At least it's no f-ing Call of Duty with over the top hollywood stuff, and actually tries to do something emotional with the characters.

Upvote 0
I like to call BiA a ww2 puzzle shooter.:p
No negative connotations though. It's just that the "tactics" are more about figuring out how a level works than anything else (some had multiple ways to success though. Especially in EiB) and the shooting elements were seriously hampered by that cover-system. It was more like commanding a whole group from the view-point of one member because even if you fired on opponents whether you hit or not wasn't so much a matter of shooting skills than a matter of the game considering those troops covered or not. It was necessary to make it play out how it did though and it WAS fun. No need to bring realism into this. Accept that it is a ww2 puzzle shooter at its core and then either like it or don't.
Regardless of how you think about its gameplay, it's atmosphere was top-notch through-out. Or at least as good as it could possibly get if you really locked your antlers with the gameplay instead of just enjoying it...:rolleyes:

The characters even grew bears over the course of the game!:)

I played both games on my xbox on multiple difficulties and quite a bit of split-screen co-op with my brother in EiB. Good times.

The only thing I really did not like at all about those games were some of the tank fights. Placing your team somewhere out of harms way, then running around the metal beast until you finally find the hidden fausty-crate was a tad ridiculous and on higher difficulties also pretty frustrating. Sadly those sections were pretty common later on in the game.
It would have been better if you got anti-tank equipment yourself or if you found it way before you actually encountered tanks.

Some encounters were better than others though. The end of BiA1 were you started out on the church tower and then you had to defend its base-level was pretty good for example. Or that mission were you meet your own tank guy for the first time. That one worked pretty well too with the tanks.

I don't think the new one will seriously dissapoint people who liked the first two games. I do however think that it will definately dissapoint people who think that this is going to be a 180

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But it's gonna have real multiplayer, right? :D

The original games had real multiplayer too you know...

I'm getting kind of tired of people allways complaining that game companies never try something new.
Now Gearbox tried something new with their multiplayer, and what do people do? Complain that it's something new, screaming that they wanted it to be a rehash of what all other games before BiA allready have done.
Simple deathmatches en CTF's etc.

I for one, really enjoyed BiA multiplayer a whole lot!
Now BiA:HH mp will be much like any other shooter again, and the same old cries for innovation can begin... "OMGZ U NEVR TRI ANYtin n3w!1!one!"

Upvote 0
Well I think HH is going to be different gameplay wise because other than in the previous games your weapons now actually hit where you shoot because there's no more uber-sway. Core gameplay will of course remain though, which must not be bad. I thought BiA(1&2) felt very authentic(maybe even the most authentic ww2 sp game), it just had this ww2 feeling. This was because of the maps which imo were very normandy like(well they basically recreated most of them), the weapons etc.

Upvote 0
The original games had real multiplayer too you know...

I'm getting kind of tired of people allways complaining that game companies never try something new.
Now Gearbox tried something new with their multiplayer, and what do people do? Complain that it's something new, screaming that they wanted it to be a rehash of what all other games before BiA allready have done.
Simple deathmatches en CTF's etc.

I for one, really enjoyed BiA multiplayer a whole lot!
Now BiA:HH mp will be much like any other shooter again, and the same old cries for innovation can begin... "OMGZ U NEVR TRI ANYtin n3w!1!one!"

Yes, but AI can never replace human teammates. It was like nanny daycare in my opinion. But good if it works for you, it's my loss, not yours.

Upvote 0
Yes, but AI can never replace human teammates. It was like nanny daycare in my opinion. But good if it works for you, it's my loss, not yours.

True, AI can never replace humans. But how many times have you got humans listening to your battleplan in public play?:D

EDIT: Damnit, that new trailer gives me the cold shivers down my spine.
I love it, the emotions in it, the small dutch boy shooting a soldier in the back... it's like an ode to the dutch resistance, it's great. The end is awesome too, the shaking hand trying to aim a pistol at the germans standing over you... just great.
This totally gets me psyched to get it! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0