• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A real PC!

Fu. Svedberg

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sweden
I just pulled this out, I had almost forgot that I had it.
I present to you my first computer:

commodore.JPG

I'm really tempted to connect it to the TV and firing it up. Been so many years since last time. I just need to find the power brick, casette player and my TAC 2 joysticks :D

Here was my first:
altair.jpg

Anyone want to take a stab at what it was?

Seriously though, my first computer was an Atari 800. Cassette recorder for storage.
I wish I'd kept it. However, one cold winter I sat down at the keyboard and a static charge arced between my finger and the computer.
It was DOA. Literally. I really learned to respect static electricty after that :eek:
atari.jpg

8K base
48k max
Mine came with 16k and the Basic programming cartridge.
I bought the Defender game cartridge and a cassette player for data storage.
I spent many an hour on it, right up until its untimely demise.:(

Yours looks to be in excellent shape. You should fire it up....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first one was some 16kb Texas Instrument contraption. Had to type all the programs into it in Basic and then save them on cassette tape. I couldn't really find any pictures of it despite searching.

My next real computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80 IV that I had lots of fun with. Did anyone ever have the old Avalon Hill (text) game for it.... Empire of the Overmind?

Wish I had them both now just for the hell of it :)

PS: On the 'age' thing, I think Floyd wins :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here was my first:
altair.jpg

Isn't that an Altair 8800?

If so; COOL! :D

Most used command on a 128: go64.

Very true, even if I did stay in the C128 interface quiet a bit learning how to program in Basic :)

Reading this thread, i decided to go search my attic for nostalgia, and hidden in an old drawer in a discared bit of furniture kept for storage space, there she was! my first love!

She desperately need a bit of cleaning though..

C641.jpg

C642.jpg

A realy beauty! <3

Upvote 0