• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

ok flyboys, I have been searching for a newer (post 2005) WWII flight sim/combat game for the PC. I know the Il-2 is what this thread is foucused on but I want more of an "arcade-style" dogfight game that you don't need a pilot's license to actually be decent at the game.

I own Il-2 and played for a few months but found it too difficult and time consuming with a retardedly steep learning curve.

Pacific theatre or Europe, I don't care. Everything I have found seems to be so old. Any suggestions???

Upvote 0
ok flyboys, I have been searching for a newer (post 2005) WWII flight sim/combat game for the PC. I know the Il-2 is what this thread is foucused on but I want more of an "arcade-style" dogfight game that you don't need a pilot's license to actually be decent at the game.

I own Il-2 and played for a few months but found it too difficult and time consuming with a retardedly steep learning curve.

Pacific theatre or Europe, I don't care. Everything I have found seems to be so old. Any suggestions??? :confused:

Upvote 0
I actually find IL2 flying easier than say BF2 or FH2 flying - Of course thats once I've learned how to fly IL2 - but, its just so much easier.

i cant comment on either bf2 or fh2 but arma is alot harder to fly in than lomac, for me anyway. not the basic flying nessesarily but strafing runs and precise ordianance deployment are alot less accurate :/

Upvote 0
New skins I'm working on:
RST2.jpg

RST1.jpg

92 Squadron, May 1940, over Dunkirk. GR-P is (possibly) the plane in which Robert Stanford Tuck got 5 kills in 24 hours, including his first kill. 3 were fighters (110's, I think) and 2 were bombers (Do17's iirc).

Upvote 0