• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M1 Garand En Bloc Clips

i find i have to agree in some ways, ruskie guns arent designed to have the elegant look that rifles like the enfield and the garand had and still have

Well, you know that Mosin-Nagants and other Russian, later Soviet, design guns were not intented to be showcase articles.

But they were planned to be tools, tools intented to kill people. So you could say, that they had a very practical view to make guns. Simple, effective, durable and so on. And I think, that they have their own rough charm, which makes them interesting guns. But that

Upvote 0
Enfield's Elegant? I have to say I disagree. Enfield's are great battle rifles. Second to none for bolt actions when speed is needed, but elegant, no. At least when the No. 1 MK III rifle is the subject. Don't get me wrong, I like Enfield's. I have three now, with a fourth coming. I just don't see them winning any fashion shows.

Even the Garand has it's detractors though so in the end it's all just each person's opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
about how a soldier viewed his rifle; the military saying goes that you should treat your rifle like you treat your woman.

what i mean by elegant is that the rifles "lines", if you will, flow. if you started by looking at one end and traced your eyes over the rifle, its edges flow; this is probably the reason i dont like the look of many modern assault rifles. even looking at my enfield, the attention to detail on these old rifles is amazing, when you pull it all apart to clean it you can see the marks that the milling has left, from that to just the way your finger fits nicely into the trigger: it all adds together to make a rifle that has a look alikened to the old 1920's gansters. wearing a nice and respectable suit, but if messed with, can become a very deadly killing machine. although since i dont really support the idea of crime/gangsters thats probably a bad analogy.

these designs of guns are not just chance though, because if it was left to that you would see many more straight lines, as they are the easiest to mass produce.

Upvote 0