• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Pavlov's_House_B1

It is too easy to take the house as germans in my opinion, the distance fog and lack of sovjet positions, other than those in the building and warehouse, allows the germans to enter the building without too much trouble and it is easily cleared of sovjets by a combination of tank fire and supporting mg and sniper fire from the 4 story building south of the Pavlov's House objective. Surely the sovjets had more positions overlooking the objective in real life as well as interlocking fields of fire on the open square approach?

As up now I find it too easy to play as german and to hard to play as sovjet. Perhaps som arty for the sovjets could help break up the german attacks.

Upvote 0
It is too easy to take the house as germans in my opinion, the distance fog and lack of sovjet positions, other than those in the building and warehouse, allows the germans to enter the building without too much trouble and it is easily cleared of sovjets by a combination of tank fire and supporting mg and sniper fire from the 4 story building south of the Pavlov's House objective. Surely the sovjets had more positions overlooking the objective in real life as well as interlocking fields of fire on the open square approach?

As up now I find it too easy to play as german and to hard to play as sovjet. Perhaps som arty for the sovjets could help break up the german attacks.

curious how many people you were playing with? So then are you saying maybe Germans shouldnt have a sniper? the house south of Pavs is the mill, West is Zobs I assume that is what you mean. The house was the fortress, the russians are given the chance to reinforce zobs house at the begining. Should be more of a delaying tactic though then collapse on the house. But again I have yet to play.

Upvote 0
Did you close up more of the doors/windows like I suggested Divinehammer? I haven't had a chance to play this one yet.
I did create some new statics that are fighting portals out of sandbags they fill most of the window. They are not optimized mind you though. So I did mostly the bottom floor without getting to repetitive or affecting performance to much. Until I can see how people are playing the map I cant really judge what looks like it needs help just you guys reporting(thanks for that by the way).

Upvote 0
curious how many people you were playing with? So then are you saying maybe Germans shouldnt have a sniper? the house south of Pavs is the mill, West is Zobs I assume that is what you mean. The house was the fortress, the russians are given the chance to reinforce zobs house at the begining. Should be more of a delaying tactic though then collapse on the house. But again I have yet to play.

I think there was about 40+ players on the server and I was playing as a machine gunner and set up in the big house south of Pavlovs house. From there it was easy to pick of sovjets as they can be easily seen from there. People running in Pavlovs house is silhouetted against the sky due to open doors and high amount of lighting in the individual rooms to the point where discriminating between sovjets and germans is not a problem.

The germans having a sniper is not why it is easy for the germans to cap the last objective but the distance fog and no sovjet flanking positions is in my opinion, other than that I think it is a good and entertaining map.

*Edit* The Mill lies to the east of Pavlovs house if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think there was about 40+ players on the server and I was playing as a machine gunner and set up in the big house south of Pavlovs house. From there it was easy to pick of sovjets as they can be easily seen from there. People running in Pavlovs house is silhouetted against the sky due to open doors and high amount of lighting in the individual rooms to the point where discriminating between sovjets and germans is not a problem.

The germans having a sniper is not why it is easy for the germans to cap the last objective but the distance fog and no sovjet flanking positions is in my opinion, other than that I think it is a good and entertaining map.

*Edit* The Mill lies to the east of Pavlovs house if I am not mistaken.

So are you saying you were also able to shoot Russians in the comm trench coming into Pavs house? Or just over the open ground? I have some ideas on flanking a bit so we will see.
I hope this map is in heavy rotation this weekend so that I can see it played. Anyone want to turn it on this evening??
Still working on the zombie bug Can I get the server admins to chime in again as to if you have the zombie bug , have resolved it or never had it that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0
So are you saying you were also able to shoot Russians in the comm trench coming into Pavs house? Or just over the open ground? I have some ideas on flanking a bit so we will see.
I hope this map is in heavy rotation this weekend so that I can see it played. Anyone want to turn it on this evening??
Still working on the zombie bug Can I get the server admins to chime in again as to if you have the zombie bug , have resolved it or never had it that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I got two or three running in the communication trench but that was more like lucky hits than by design as I was laying down suppressive fire and scored 2-3 head shots of some of the sovjets running there. I could only see their heads from the point where they exited the warehouse to about 3-5 meters from that building, closer to Pavlov's house I could no longer observe the sovjets from my position on the 3rd floor.

Upvote 0
My impressions on the map:

Looks like crap, runs like crap, plays like crap.

I am confident that EvilHobo will do a great job in fixing the first two, but something needs to change regarding the gameplay.

As it is currently, the Germans capture the 9th square within minutes, and then it becomes a fight for the basement, with most of the Russians shooting out the windows, and a few trying to stop the onslaught in the basement.

What I think the map needs is either:

1) multiple capzones within the house. the russians could defend the first floor, then the second, third, and fourth. I am not sure what you would do about spawns, but I think an "alamo" style battle would be interesting.

2) germans have to "capture and hold" If they take the house, the russians will have to recapture it before the time ends, and whoever holds it for 10 minutes or owns it at the end of the battle is the winner.

You could also take a look at the CoD version, and try to figure out what made that one so much fun, and try to incorporate elements into your RO map.

Upvote 0
My impressions on the map:

Looks like crap, runs like crap, plays like crap.

Tell us how you really feel.:rolleyes:

There are some valid points there. The first cap goes way too fast and even though the Allies are mowing down the Germans coming into the house, the allies are losing reinforcements way too fast. We have been playing that map with about 40 ppl and the allies always lose because of reinforcements, at least thats what I have seen.

Upvote 0
1) multiple capzones within the house. the russians could defend the first floor, then the second, third, and fourth. I am not sure what you would do about spawns, but I think an "alamo" style battle would be interesting.
The mod version was like this, it played terribly. The russians spawned in the attic and could easily pour back into the capzones. It was just a grenade festival for 20 minutes.

2) germans have to "capture and hold" If they take the house, the russians will have to recapture it before the time ends, and whoever holds it for 10 minutes or owns it at the end of the battle is the winner.
That would be the best option. A meeting engagement style map would play the best with this scenario.

Upvote 0
Fix the zombie bug.

Fix the zombie bug.

Server admins just add this to your redorchestra.ini file and it should fix the zombie bug on this map. This goes under the section: [Engine.GameEngine]

ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatA_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatB_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatC_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatD_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatE_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatF_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatG_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatH_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatI_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatJ_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatK_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatL_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatM_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatN_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatO_Mod

Upvote 0
Don't know???

Don't know???

Make sure you have all the letters to represent them from A-O. Also if for some reason it may need something from another mod or another uniform that is not listed above. The .ini we have has like 50 lines with different uniforms, I only listed those that came with Pavlov's House above... I'll have to retest our server just to make sure they are truly gone as well.

Upvote 0
Here is our list
ServerPackages=EH-M43Uniforms
ServerPackages=G_Late1StandardMod
ServerPackages=G_Late2StandardMod
ServerPackages=G_Late3StandardMod
ServerPackages=G_Late4StandardMod
ServerPackages=G_Late5StandardMod
ServerPackages=G_M43OakCamo1SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43OakCamo2SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43OakCamo3SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43OakCamo4SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43OakCamo5SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43Standard1SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43Standard2SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43Standard3SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43Standard4SSMod
ServerPackages=G_M43Standard5SSMod
ServerPackages=R_Late1GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late2GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late3GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late4GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late5GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late1StandardMod
ServerPackages=R_Late2StandardMod
ServerPackages=R_Late3StandardMod
ServerPackages=R_Late4StandardMod
ServerPackages=R_Late5StandardMod
ServerPackages=Volkssturm
ServerPackages=WaffenSSCamo44
ServerPackages=VS1MOD
ServerPackages=VS2MOD
ServerPackages=VS3MOD
ServerPackages=VS4MOD
ServerPackages=VS5MOD
ServerPackages=VS6MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_1MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_2MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_3MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_4MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_5MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_6MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44Tanker1MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44Tanker2MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44Tanker3MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44Tanker4MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44Tanker5MOD
Serverpackages=PavlovsHouseUniforms_C
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatA_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatB_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatC_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatD_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatE_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatF_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatG_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatH_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatI_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatJ_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatK_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatL_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatM_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatN_Mod
ServerPackages=RKKA_M41PaddedCoatO_Mod
ServerPackages=WHWinter1MOD
ServerPackages=WHWinter2MOD
ServerPackages=WHWinter3MOD
ServerPackages=WHWinter4MOD
ServerPackages=WHWinter5MOD
ServerPackages=WHWinter6MOD
ServerPackages=WHWinter7MOD
ServerPackages=WHWinter8MOD

Upvote 0
I think there is another issue here possibly but I will let shurek answer it. I think it only happens when killed by explosion.

slowing the cap rate and increasing Reinf for Russia are definite possibilities. the first cap was only designed to be a way point and trigger the next spawn series. does the front door of the basement need to be harder to get into?

Upvote 0