• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Uwe Boll to stop directing...

either you don't understand, or i'm not explaining myself correctly, you are talking about lighting, sound and music, of course thats good in a movie, i'm not going to argue about that, what I'm talking about unnecesary parts of the script, parts of the story itself

to put an exagerated example, imagine person X has to go from point A to point B, and it takes 2 hours to get there, nothing happens in the journey, would you like to see the guy driving quietly for 2 hours until he gets to point B, or you would rather skip that part?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Add some stuff in between, like shootings, explosions, and fights, and youve got "The Transporter". :D

but if you center the story around the journey, you are giving me the reason, instead of cutting what its unimportant to a story, you are actually changing the story, so what would not be important, is important now, filling the movie with "importance" (lol) and the final result is the same

what I mean, is that is ok to show those parts of the journey, if what happens there actually counts for anything, but if the guy is just driving to the point where the story continues, you are not going to sit there and watch him drive for 2 hours.

James Bond spends a lot of time in the planes from one part of the world to another, but they don't show it to unless something actually happens there, and in that case, they don't show the whole flight, just the important parts

what I mean with all this crap, is that in good movies, everything that happens, everything that is shown, is for a reason, adds to the story, adds to the atmosphere, helps the viewer get involved

and about Uwe Bol, I do not care what he makes, I've never seen a full movie made by him, and I never will, actually the last movie I watched was "Rambo 4" in january (great movie by the way)

Upvote 0