• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

You only need Queen's Gambit on a small numbers of servers if they use content from the expansion but you can't do much wrong with getting the AddOn because it comes with the latest patch 1.08.

You have to manually install it unless you have the steam version of ArmA and also there are two beta patches (1.09 and 1.12) you can't do anything wrong with installing 1.12 ;) It won't overwrite the normal version.

Upvote 0
I bought QG a couple of weeks ago thinking that it would be best to have the few bits that were added but in actual fact most people are running the stock 1.08. Even the beta patches have to be extracted by hand if you want to use them with QG.

A few dedicated mission makers are adding elements from QG but in general mods and addons are made for and around ArmA as it is.
Things will change when the offical update arrives no doubt.

I've been mucking around in the editor for the last while and have come to the conclusion that its best to build with the vanila and then let people use sound or effects as they wish. Anything touching on the AI just makes controlling them kucfing bots harder than it is already.

Keep yer 20 bucks for ArmA2 would be my advice.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your advice, now I asked, would it be wise to get ArmA for the 30 dollars it is now, or to wait for a later time or wait for ArmA2? I have asked before about this, but I have not in my opinion got a definite answer on whether it is a good buy or not. I have read where it is said the game is good or that it is bad, but i havent got a clean answer on is it worth it. If I do get it, I want to know I am making a wise decision and not just wasting money that could be used else where or saved. :)

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I'm a new ArmA player now as well, joined up the IC ArmA tourney - just had 1 training so far, but it seems awesome thus far.

Those that find RO too small scale have a good chance to enjoy this, IMHO.

Stuff isn't modelled as real as in RO, but there's loads of equipment to go around. And in the tourney mod there's no crosshair :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0