• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vetran tank night probing/brainstorm thread

Pharnakes

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 25, 2007
Hello all, we at =IcM= are toying with the idea of arranging a veteran tankers night, so I have made this thread as a way of collecting suggestions and information that will help us arrange it as smoothly and hitch free as possible.

Basicaly I'm looking for your opinion on all the relevant issuses, but most especialy:

The best maps
What time/day is best
Wether we should play some of the more tank orientated combined arms (alte zegelei for eg is def. in) or stick to pure tanking
How protected the server should be (open/pass posted here/pass availble only on request, ect)
Wether to play the new CC map (can't remebr the name:eek:)
Armoured beasts or not /flame protection mode ON

You get the idea I'm sure, so role up. I'll leave this thread running for a few days, and then try to collate the results. This will mean depending somewhat onthe prefrences that people post for days, it will be either this weekend or early next week.

Feel free to xfire me:dadashev or wollfie: wolfhound338

Last edited:
Great Idea!

Best tank maps (imo):

BDJ

krivoirog

Debrecen_B2
Debrechen Arcadia
AlteZiegelei_b51

Pripet Marsh B2
Pripet_Marsh1944_ME_B1

Orel-88vs76
Orel 2-3
Orel Enhanced v1-2
Orel 152

Chisinau (CC tank map)

C/A ish maps that have many tanks & vehics:
bondarevo
Klin_OuterRing_B1
Ardon

Sundays, thurs nights.
Yes to AB, but I can live w/out it.

Upvote 0
The new CC tank map Chisnau is just amazing.

Finally an alternative to angled t34s killing tigers in 1 shot to the front armor while deflecting volleys of 88 fire to the rear armor. The new component damage system and crew kills are just plain awesome. My biggest gripe is probably the suicide penalty for crew kills. Once I managed to get -5 in the first few minutes of the map as my tank was repeatedly penetrated by Romanian fire, I was woried I would be kicked for having such a low score.

Also I rather dislike the incessant whining; D00d wheREZ mAH TIGER?1121!!!!1 T26 Iz TE4H SUXzor!!111LOL1!! HoW do ai geT iS 2 ON DIS MAP? tHIS MAP iZ gHEY!

*Sigh*

Theres a sig about this somewhere. Cant remember whose it is.

Upvote 0