• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new tanks

I like to use colors to emphasize certain words.

I [will ] do you [one] better!

Tbh the late war tanks are quite boring. The other day we were playing Panther vs. ISU (and yes, bla bla bla, I know this never happened in real life so spare me the lecture) and it was always just a 1 hit kill. We need more tanks like the [Marder III] or [Brummb

Upvote 0
dogbadger said:
i fear excitable Idiots will simply plaster them all over the currently available tank maps without any thought and [ruin] them
Yes I really hate it when people screw with a map's tank loadout and make it all wonky and unrealistic for the period that was originally being mapped.
Just because its a tank map doesnt mean it should automatically have t-34/85's, Panther G's, and Is-2's all over it.- No one seems to pay attention to the dates when these battles should be taking place! So we get 1941 battles with 1945 tanks.-:mad:
Wonder which of the Berlin maps the KT would be best suited for, Pariserplatz, or Kriegstadt? And that 12.8cm gun on that Jagdtiger is going to cause some chaos to the Russians.
Guys the Pak-40 caused trouble for the Allies all but a handful of tanks ( mostly ISU/IS tanks)were vulnerable to it at long range from the front.
I want to finally play Ro-K

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think red orchestra should have the biggest most powerful tanks in this game.It is just amazing thrill just to play with the most {POWERFUL} tanks in ww2.:)

No its not. Its boring!

Long reload times and painfully slow traverse speed! Can be easily taken out by faust!! :rolleyes:

Take the ISU for example. The narrow angle of fire and the piss poor armour make this thing totally pointless to use. Not to mention the reload time!! Sure getting the kills is sweet, but jeez, this tank is not a front line vehicle ffs

Early war the way!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No its not. Its boring!

Long reload times and painfully slow traverse speed! Can be easily taken out by faust!! :rolleyes:

Take the ISU for example. The narrow angle of fire and the piss poor armour make this thing totally pointless to use. Not to mention the reload time!! Sure getting the kills is sweet, but jeez, this tank is not a front line vehicle ffs

Early war the way!

I agree with you 100% on your above points...and I helped create the beast. The ISU is not really made for close combat situations, but that's how it was employed in reality, especially in Berlin and Konigsberg. I wouldn't say it's boring though:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are the Soviet tank losses in Konigsberg alone from April 6 to 8...

B - burned, H - hit, M - mines, I - immobilized

5th Army - T34 B 4, H 2, I 2
SU 76M B 1, I 1
39th Army T34 B 19, H 3, I 13
SU 85/SU 100 B 2, H 2, M 1, I 4
ISU 152 B 7, H 4,
SU 76M B 9, H 7, I 1
43rd Army T34 B 4, M 1, I 6
ISU 122 B 2, M 2, I 1
ISU 152 B 3, H 3, M 3, I 2
SU 76M B 1
50th Army T34 B 5, H 7, M 4, I 2
ISU 122 B 3, H 2
ISU 152 H 5
11th Guards Army T 34 B 5, H 3, I 10
ISU 122 I 1
ISU 152 B 3, H 11, I 7
SU 76m B 11, H 4, M 1, I 1

Total for 3rd Belyorussian Front (only mentioned vehicles types): B 79, H 53, M 12, I 51

Source: Jewgieni Sziłowski K

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I seem to remember reading in Antony Beevor's "The Fall of Berlin 1945" and I think some of which was corroborated in Traudle (sp?)'s memoirs and maybe Speer's that only 1 or 2 KT's were left that helped cover for the escape of the bunker staff (Bormann's group in one squad, and Traudle's group in another) over one of those last bridges (I'm sure one of you guys can quote verse on this) and I remember reading that one of them basically served to draw the fire away from the escape party while it sat blocking the bridge. I think by that time there wasn't much for the mighty konigstiger to do. I think it did take some pretty fierce hits but still was standing up. Never found out if the crew of those 1 or 2 survived.

The KT's probably a better player in some of the 'last ditch' scenarios in East Prussia/Silesia/Budapest, etc. ;)

LOL so many excitable people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0