• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] Airsoft Field Gear and Weapons

So, for no rational reason whatsoever, i want an airsoft MP40. Now, I've been looking around on Airsoft forum and the general consensus there is that the TOP MP40 sucks because it uses a proprietary gearbox, and that the AGM copy, which uses a Version 3 gearbox, is a lot better. The problem lies in that I don't want to buy a Chinese gun.

So my question is, if I buy the TOP MP40, will it last for awhile? Obviously I don't want to buy it just to have it break, I want to get at least a couple of years out of it. I also looked at some of the Marushin Blowback MP40s, but I don't like the ABS construction.

If anybody can tell me if I can expect to get my money's worth out of the TOP, I'd appreciate it.

Upvote 0
What's wrong with a China gun? they can make quallity too, just look at Real Sword.

So unless you dont want a China gun because of political reasons (in which case you would probably also have to boycut HongKong manufacturers now, leaving you only with Marui), there's no reason not to go for the AGM, its the better gun, the TOP is not only proprietary and impossible to get parts for, it is also way overpriced considdering what you get, outdated, and needs constant service because it rattles itself apart when you shoot, or so i am told.

Upvote 0
So unless you dont want a China gun because of political reasons (in which case you would probably also have to boycut HongKong manufacturers now, leaving you only with Marui), there's no reason not to go for the AGM, its the better gun, the TOP is not only proprietary and impossible to get parts for, it is also way overpriced considdering what you get, outdated, and needs constant service because it rattles itself apart when you shoot, or so i am told.

I can support that quite well. AGM MP40 may have bit varying that do you get crappy model or not, but atleast you can hold and use AGM MP40 compared to TOP, which seems to break apart the moment you touch it.

I know atleast three guys (I have not owned TOP MP40 personally though) who have had TOP MP40s, and the longest lifetime was three weeks before falling apart. Does't sound exactly promising.

Yes, this "I heard this and that"- quality information is not the best one around, but it doesn't exactly sound promising. :p

Upvote 0
A little something i cooked up with some Guarder parts, and Real Steel front grips (Tula, i belive), my "Khyber Pass" AKM:

Khyber1.jpg

Khyber3.jpg

Khyber2.jpg

She's part 1 of my new armory, comming in a couple of weeks is an AIMS and AKMS.

The pic's are not the best, but try finding a nice sunny day in Denmark this time of year :p

Upvote 0
I'm seriously considering getting myself a STAR FN SCAR with EGLM. It's just so expensive....

I might save up for a while, or start playing the lottery again, lol

I should also get rid of or fix my other guns before I buy any more. I have an Asahi MP40 (without a gas rig :() and a broken Marushin 8mm Kar98k lying about somewhere

Upvote 0
I wish i could convert some mags, i could really use some Bakelite 7.62's, but spare mags are regulated even firmer than actual guns in this country, so it is a daunting task to figure out a legal way of import the things, even if they are allready deactivated, they would probably be held for inspection for several months.

Upvote 0
There's allways eBay, but i think your best bet is finding some of thouse classic airsoft forums, thats where the collectors of thease guns are likely to be, and they are the ones who will spend good money on such an item.

You may have to be prepared to ship overseas though, but that shoulden't be a problem if the buyer pays upfront for the whole affair.

Got any suggested websites? I've been thinking about offloading this thing for years...

Upvote 0
Some stuff came in the door the other day, and since it's a nice sunny day out, i decided now was the time to get some pics!

My Khyber-Pass AKM now has Olive Drab Poly grips, poly grips seem more common on Khybers afterall:
Khyb1.jpg

Khyb2.jpg

RMW AKMS added, with Real Steel front grips:
AKMS1.jpg

AKMS2.jpg

Also an RMW AIMS, here with Real Steel PK-A red-dot and FDS-2 searchlight, Tacticool Soviet style! who needs R.I.S!
Takti1.jpg

Takti2.jpg

And last but not least, RealSword Type-56, it aint me! it aint mee! i aint no Senators son...
T561.jpg

T562.jpg

And a feel-good family picture:
AKpile.jpg

Дасвэданыа Комрадэ Калашников!
CommieParty.jpg

Please dont laugh at my poor butchered Russian..

Upvote 0