• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra adds Steamworks

Dumba, and all you have to do now, is find their steam clan page, and look at where they are playing, and join them...

Problem is half the people dont use Steam friends or are not on the clan page.

Edit: That also required me to bring up the steam browser and click around which is a few unnecessary extra steps. There is no way you're gonna talk your way out this one TWI :p

Edit2: I just tried it... it does not work at all. If someone is not in my friends list I cant even see what server he is in. Just join it, which is pretty retarded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
agreed why was it taken out? Does it increase the load of the masterserver and thus the costs? If this isnt significant, did they take it out because steam wants to push there new feature through? Either way, why cant ppl decide what they want to use for themself? Choice isnt a bad thing and well if you like steam friends or what ever it is called go have fun with that. But if you like the buddy thingy, then why cant we just keep using that.:confused:

Upvote 0
Well it isnt the end of the world, but it is a big pain in the arse. This next statement will be wholly unpopular, but its just another example of choice being whittled down. Homogenize me, please! :rolleyes::D

Can the devs (or Yoshi) explain how the 'security features' affect the AntiBS mutator made by worluk? Do they have to do with gameplay at all, or is it security in a sense of piration (i made that last word up just now :D)?

Upvote 0
Dumba, and all you have to do now, is find their steam clan page, and look at where they are playing, and join them...

But maybe they don't have a steam community page. Maybe it's a gigantic hassle to hunt them thru steams bloatware menus and the incredibly slow quasi web-browser. Maybe when ppl have a match they used to be able to just sad "hey, find us thru the buddies list" - all it takes to get together.

Buddies list was quick, simple, powerful, and just one mouse squeek away.

So I understand it's been done out of technical/economic reasons, but it does not take away from the fact it's a giant leap backwards into the well of RO-Sparta, regarding the ease of finding ppl online.

We had a perfectly good in-game method. For whatever reason, it's been replaced by a clumsy less powerful bloated shadow.

Howgh. Undersecretary of shrub in the Ministry of small green leafy things that smell bad hath spoken.

Upvote 0
Ok, so it works in conjunction with worluks magnificent effort - fantastic. Should we continue to run the AntiBS mutator, or do the new security efforts replace this?

Yes, keep running worluks mutator. It's supposed to catch a few more things that can be done in theory but havent actually showed up yet.
But the hex stuff is fixed how - certains Russians will have to play with recoil now :p

So I understand it's been done out of technical/economic reasons, but it does not take away from the fact it's a giant leap backwards into the well of RO-Sparta, regarding the ease of finding ppl online.
It's a trap!

Upvote 0
The buddy list thing is a big step forward IMO with the in-game and out of game inclusion. I think a lot of people have an "issue" with it since they don't know you can access the Community while in-game.

Not only is it an extra hassle, it conflicts with my Logitech SetPoint technology and disables my thumb mouse button which is why I disable Steam Friends from opening up or having an effect while I am in-game. I have to exit and restart RO in order to return functionality.

It's a big step backwards, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0