• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add a Kubelwagon

Everyone knows the BA 64 is a fun little car to drive around.It is also very lethal as one could hop in as a combat engineer or anti-tank personal and easily drive up to a german tank and kill it.Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Kubelwagon for those who want to be on the german side so they can do the same thing.Ok I know there is a Halftrack on the germans side,But it is a moving death machine.If there is a tank that can see you and hit you your as good as dead.You can see how having a Kubelwagon on maps such as arad were clown car attacks are soo frequent would even out the gameplay a little.

Please consider my Idea.

Danke!

Pstz.Max Hoffmann 2nd SS 'Das Reich'

At the moment I'm collecting references, photographs and drawings for the VW type 82 K

Upvote 0
are you going to do the animating and rigging too?

Also, I might be mistaken, but one of the mods might be doing the Kubelwagen too? You might want to check...

Animation should be easy, wheels spinning and turning, steering wheel. Perhaps the windscreen to put up and down, as an eye candy ;) Not more.
The car shouldn't have any weaponry but should be faster than the Ba-64. I would like to see four persons in the car.

Upvote 0
The car shouldn't have any weaponry but should be faster than the Ba-64. I would like to see four persons in the car.

Well some kubelwagon's had an MG-34 on it but what I agree that it should simply be a fast courier. I am sure if need be, any passengers could use their weapons.

I forget, is any of the mods creating a Willys WB Jeep or the Soviet GAZ-64?

Upvote 0
Animation should be easy, wheels spinning and turning, steering wheel. Perhaps the windscreen to put up and down, as an eye candy ;) Not more.

actually there arent spinning animations or steering animations, its done by code. The rig has to be set up accordingly. Only animations would be position changes like opening the hatch for tanks, which you indeed could make up/down windscreen. Keep in mind that you need 4 LOD models, (imo also an interior model to make it look decent from 1st person) destroyed model and collision model.

The limit for the LOD0 is around 6000, you can push it some hundred tris, though i would aim for the 6k. The LOD1 should be around 1500 tris less. Same reduction for the LOD2, the LOD3 around 500-1000 tris. Check the counts for the destroyed and collision in the SDK. The interior model can also have up to 6k.

Upvote 0
What about bikes? Can we get bikes, so we can satchel tanks silently? It may be gamey but who cares seriousness and realism if it's fun!111 [/sarcasm]

And put little Dutch flags on them!
People still joke about the fact germans stole Dutch bikes en masse when the allies started to win, to go back to Germany.
"Hey Duitser, ik wil mijn fiets terug!" Should be a VoiceCommand as an insult:D

Upvote 0
Because in RO we don't have a difference between "road" and "off-road". The Ba-64 and the Halbkette both are doing much more high speed in real life than in RO on streets. I think the ingame speed values are good compromises. But what makes the Ba-64 to a clown car: just encrease the time the wheels need to turn from neutral to hard left/right position about four or five times longer. Noone can turn the steering wheel that fast as in game. Slow it down and you'll see all will feel much more natural.

Upvote 0
Foo'bar said:
Because in RO we don't have a difference between "road" and "off-road". four or five times longer. Noone can turn the steering wheel that fast as in game. Slow it down and you'll see all will feel much more natural.

Speed in Ro is an average of the top road speed and the top off road speed although there are a few discrepancies for example the "Panther G" is 5kms slower than it should be using this logic.

Why the BA-64 is "Clowny" and disliked:

-Silent until you hear it start up which is when you realize its crew just threw a satchel at your tank.
-Can overturn and at will right itself leading to the creation of Clowncar aces whom can evade your incomming rounds by overturing.
-You can stuff all kinds of weapons inside the tiny compartment of the BA-64 (PTRD, panzerfausts, satchels all which not found on the persons of real BA-64 drivers and crews )
- It tends to bounce and catch air akwardly enough-It makes me laugh
- It take often takes direct hits from tank rounds/ panzerfausts often with no visable damage
- Was strictly a recon vehicle but in game it can be driven by any Russian rather than a restricted class
- It is responsiable for ruining all but "won" maps by racing around the map and recapping objectives before tanks can capture the last objective.-:mad:
-It small enough for me to belive that a bunch of really tall clowns are stuffed inside-lol
- Out of all the Russian vehicles I fear this thinly armored vehicle the most.
-Yes it also turns too quick!

With a few tweeks the Ba-64 would be an ok vehicle
-End Clown car rant-

Anyway m8 good luck on the Kubelwagon and keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0