• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hidden & Dangerous 2 Thread

Fuhrer Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2008
USA
Hi guys! I though this game was a classic. I was wondering if anyone else plays it. Sabre Squadron was very dissappointing though, since the panzerschrecks are not in multiplayer (except for co-op). I like how customizable it is, you can pretty much pick everything that you got on and carry. I have 6 pre-set roles for each side:

(I always carry compass and binoculars with every kit also):

Allies-(Usually British summer uniform)
1-British Rifleman-Lee Enfield, F-S dagger, 2 No.36 nades.
2-British AT-Bazooka with 5 extra rounds, Enfield .38 pistol with all the ammo, F-S dagger, 2 No.36 nades
3-British Medic-All the medic packs, Enfield .38 pistol in the pouch with all the ammo, F-S dagger.
4-Commando set 1-Silenced sten with all ammo, 2 mines, grenades, F-S dagger, and generally stuff to cause havok.
5-Commando set 2-De Lisle with all ammo, 2 .36 nades, F-S- dagger.
6-Sapper-Enfield with all ammo, 2 mines, F-S dagger, and some extra space for other stuff I might need.

Axis-(Spring SS parka with sniper helmet)
1-SS Das Reich Sanitats Soldat-Same as allied medic but with German Fighting knife and luger with all ammo
2-SS Das Reich Pionier-Kar-98k with all ammo, 2 mines, 4 nades, Knife.
3-SS Das Reich PaK Soldat-MP40 with all ammo, knife, 4 nades, panzerfaust, and extra space for clam bombs.
4-SS Das Reich StoBtruppe-MP40 or StG44 with all ammo, 4 nades, Knife.
5-SS Das Reich Sturmpionier-Same as Pionier but with MP40 and all ammo, and extra nades.
6-Schutze-Kar-98k, 2 nades, 9 clips, and Knife.

Anyone else out there play H&D2? Love to hear from them, thanks!

H&D2 is awesome. No more to say.

H&D2,Vietcong and Mafia are some of the best games you can buy for the PC, all of them made by Illusion softworks, and almost no-one has played them.

QFT! I just got Vietcong a couple of days back, and i'm pretty impressed by the attention to details like the huge diary, actually having to keep in check with HQ by radio and generally having a use for the pointman:)

Mafia is sheer excellence and everybody should have played it at least once, and Hidden and Dangerous 2 i still consider as the best WW2 game ever made (together with RO)

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I think I still have H&D2 somewhere, I should try it out some time... bought it a long time ago but never played it.

I'd say the Illusion games are pretty popular. Not the most popular games ever, but still. Cult classics, if you will. They're seeded rather widely which proofs that people still like playing them. And that's a good thing, because they're brilliant games. You can just feel the passion these guys have for games.

Upvote 0
Isn't H&D2 abandonware nowadays? If so, please post a link to a torrent, I've never played it but have heard great things from everyone here.
The first H&D is free now and you can download it. The second one is still being sold but there is a singleplayer demo you can download to see if you like it (worth its money anyway...).

Upvote 0
I think my favourite part is how customizable it is, you can pick everything you carry with you. You can preset engineer, rifleman, AT, whatever, and the uniforms OMG thats one of my favourite parts.

Yeah! I love dressing them up too. Especially with all sorts of hats!

fleeet7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I coldn't be bothered with the sequel, seeing how I still had vivid memories of that "go-prone-and-fall-to-your-death-bug"...

H&D had some serious flaws yes. Still, i couldnt keep myself from playing it.
Bought it 2 times, and a third time in the Deluxe box wich also contained the addon (Devil's Bridge?) cause i wanted it to work properly.
Deluxe fixed a ****load of problems for me, cause before i continually kept crashing after a while, like 15 minutes.

Bought H&D2 on releaseday nonetheless, and it is one of the best WW2 games ever made as far as i'm concerned.

Upvote 0