• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free Sway mod..

Erk was saying over on our forums that he found this "HipSpreadModifier=2.0" in the C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra\ROGame\Classes\"ROProjectileFire.uc file.

Can this be tweaked in a mutator a tiny bit to kill the hipshooting bolties ? It only needs tweaked a tiny bit. What all is involved in making a mutator to do this? Bear in mind, I know nothing of the coding of it all.

Upvote 0
not true, sway is code, only a tiny (and i mean tiny) bit is animated, if you animate too much say it will be almost impossible to aim (tell that from experience ;) )
I stand corrected then. We are talking about the hip-sway though, aren't we? It does look a lot like an animation to me.

If so it should be possible to edit it and I'll be glad if someone did. Even better if you could just change the sway while moving, because standing still, I think, it's fine. Combine this with a anti-recoil mutator and you might have a winner.

Upvote 0
Like yours, dont you think?

anyway: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Mutator_Topics is a good entry point. You have to check what functions you can use from the mutator class to modify or replace the stock class with your class (ReplaceWithItem looks like something you might want to check)

Dont think it will be done with one class though, you will have to modify all weapons and therefore create subclasses for every single one of them (at least to my knowledge)

Upvote 0
What a useless comment.

There are not many servers to choose, so what I try to do is preventing the server admins to load a mod like this by saying that not everyone wants to play that way

sorry if it wasn't useful for you, for me and for the people who dont want that kind of gameplay alteration in the few servers we have, is a quite usefull comment, the fact that you don't agree with it is only a diferent matter

Upvote 0
There are not many servers to choose, so what I try to do is preventing the server admins to load a mod like this by saying that not everyone wants to play that way
Not everyone likes the way things are now either. By your logic, no mutators should exist at all.

There are enough servers... but many of them are empty. Maybe because after 2 years of the same old thing people want something fresh?

There's a reason UT and RO have mutators. They are exactly for these kind of small but substantial changes that people want to experiment with. Armored Beasts is a classic example of how a rather small bit of code can change a game for the better. Some still like stock RO tanks better, though, and that's fine.

Why some try to trample down creativity with purely negative criticism is beyond me.

Upvote 0
I'm not trampling down your creativity, I hope you success and have fun in your private servers with it, I just don't want to be forced to play it, and I never said that everyone would share my opinion about disliking the mod, I just say that some people do.

and as for the armored beasts mutator... I do not play in servers with it, either, I think its worse than the stock RO and mess things up

and I'm not against all mutators, only the mutators that tries to add a tediousness factor to the game, an example of a gameplay change that I like, would be the changes to the gameplay made in Mare Nostrum, where you don't loose your Ironsight stance when you are bolting.

but as I say, you can do what you want and I don't want to stop you from doing it, I just don't want it to be in the servers I play, so I voice my opinion, thats all, server admins can do whatever they want too

Upvote 0
I'm fairly sure that no one would be forcing you to play it.:confused:

I meant that if there are so few servers, and they have the mod loaded, then I have no other choice but to play with it if I want to play RO right?, its already a bit hard to find a nice populated server that is not running a crappy map

I will not change my mind about the mutator, but I do realize I'm being quite an asshole already here by messing with things that are none of my business, and so I would like to leave this thread now and apologize

good luck

Upvote 0