• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RELEASE: AntiBS AntiCheat mutator

Бользен;382913 said:
Also the log is quite messed up with all those ignoring spectator lines and returning 16bit users (got like 10 of them for the last 24 hours!!!) :( Still dont know what to do with em - ban or not?

Furthermore, has it been tested against norecoil? I have some reports it does not detect it. Not sure if it's true but seems like a thing to look at for the next version.

As of now no recoil apparently is not being caught on windows servers, linux servers detect it just fine though.

Upvote 0
noob question :D

what is the current folder ? System ?

so I assume that it will be System/UserLog/AntiBS.log right ?
I guess that the UserLog folder has to be created there before ?

No. It will be RODIR/UserLog/AntiBS.log, not in the System folder. The folder has not to be created. You just have to set it to external logging in the .ini file.

Upvote 0
Damn, I didn't even know you could cheat in this game.

I hope this doesn't backlash on those of us that are simply good at the game.

Look what punkbuster does for COD4. It kicks legit players. That's why many COD4 servers refuse to run punkbuster.

I think the main problem is TKers. An easier and quicker way to votekick them would be much more helpful IMHO.

Upvote 0
GonzoX it is sad to see but it happens with every game sooner or later, but there are both official and community efforts to sqash it, and Worluk has done a great job with his mut so far, I don't ever see him releasing a version that kicks legit players.

Live moderation coupled with an anti cheat system will always be best for a server. The best thing the community can do to help is to promptly report cheats to myself along with forum moderators or TWI staff (pm's to multiple people is best, as some people don't check their pm's often, or visit the forums as often as they should). Not sure how Worluk wants it, but he would probably appreciate a heads up as well.

Upvote 0
GonzoX it is sad to see but it happens with every game sooner or later, but there are both official and community efforts to sqash it, and Worluk has done a great job with his mut so far, I don't ever see him releasing a version that kicks legit players.

Live moderation coupled with an anti cheat system will always be best for a server. The best thing the community can do to help is to promptly report cheats to myself along with forum moderators or TWI staff (pm's to multiple people is best, as some people don't check their pm's often, or visit the forums as often as they should). Not sure how Worluk wants it, but he would probably appreciate a heads up as well.
So should we report new cheats/hacks directly to Worluk, or you as well?

btw what's this Red Orchestra Beta that you've played 2.5hrs so far eh? :D

Upvote 0
And the RO Beta is our RO Steam beta, 500 lucky folk have it and they should be helping me test the next release of RO if they show up when I need live bodies on our test server :)

I'm sorry to go off topic but just to clarify ... does this statement from Yoshiro mean they are Beta testing the latest RO patch or the next gereration of RO i.e. RO2?????

Upvote 0