• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Release Date Made Public

the mortars will stay for a certain time when no mortar crew is around. Also, only mortar crews can operate the mortar. Though one can discuss the realism in this, but i guess its better than having a map with 100 mortars ;)

This is a very good solution. And I am sure, that every ordinary infantryman could not operate mortars. At least they couldn

Upvote 0
Very true, too many laying about would turn it into a wacked up barrage. Besides, infantry can't drive tanks; so why can't weapons have class limits? Would be intresting if the pak guns could be made into movable mesh and have pak crews then. Would be an intresting twist on it all.

Movie was great. Chops be watering as me fingers beat this blasted keys.

Great work to you all in the DEV team.

Schwendau
ar

Upvote 0
Wow - Mortar looks great! Does it have smoke ammo? :D

I believe small mortars like these were mostly used for suppressive fire, as their shells could not be counted on to inflict any heavy casualties on the enemy. Unlike the 155+mm artillery modelled in the game; now that was the major killer in WW2.

Although I'm no expert on the issue, a 50mm mortar round would have about the same, or a bit more, explosive force as a grenade (judging by the size of the shell). You wouldn't really count on it to destroy any structure, even wooden, or do any serious damage to infantry in good cover.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have played a lot of tactical wargames (SP series) and know a 50mm mortar does f*ck all damage to enemy forces, except give them suppression if pounded long enough.

Upvote 0