• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Running a Mare Nostrum Server

If you are looking to run a Mare Nostrum server on release this Saturday then this post is for you. In order to get you up and running as soon as possible we will be releasing the download to you slightly earlier in order so you can get it uploaded and running for release time.

In order to get the early download you need to PM the following form to me.

Admin Name:
Server Name:
Server IP:
Server Location:
Server Size:
Affiliated Website:
Contact Email:
This download is only meant for one person the server administrator, any abuse of this will result in you being taken off the list for future early releases.

Running a Mare Nostrum Server is pretty simple. For any server operator that is familar with UT style -mod flags, Mare Nostrum works the extact same way as it did for running the RO mod on a UT2004 server.

The biggest thing is you have to modify is the start line of your server to include the following:

MN-Akaba.rom?game=MNEngine.MNTeamGame -mod=MareNostrum ini=MareNostrum.ini
(Some server providers require you contact them to make this change. Please see your server operators documentation for information on this.)

Once the command line is changed just restart your server and you should be good to go!

If you have any questions or problems, feel free to get ahold of us via either of the following:

IRC: #marenostrum on irc.gamesurge.net

No. The Command line is the command (with parameters) that your server company uses to start the server.

(Hopefully I won't be over simplifying it when I say........)
It might be in the form of a batch file that includes:
ucc.exe server MN-Akaba.rom?game=MNEngine.MNTeamGame -mod=MareNostrum ini=MareNostrum.ini

ucc.exe would be the command and the rest would be parameters

Or they may use a game admin panel that handles it differently.

Floyd

Upvote 0
No. The Command line is the command (with parameters) that your server company uses to start the server.

(Hopefully I won't be over simplifying it when I say........)
It might be in the form of a batch file that includes:
ucc.exe server MN-Akaba.rom?game=MNEngine.MNTeamGame -mod=MareNostrum ini=MareNostrum.ini

ucc.exe would be the command and the rest would be parameters

Or they may use a game admin panel that handles it differently.

Floyd

How do I know if I have access to that?

Upvote 0