• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

Looks great--but they've been great at making screenshot engines. They're much less successful at making games.

So if ArmA currently runs like a pig, and this looks so much better, what will you need to run it at a high resolution and high quality--24 nVidia 8800 GTXs? If you have to run it at such a low resolution that the guy 1km away that's shooting at you is less than one pixel big, it won't be much of a game.

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or are these guys pressed up against the APC for cover?
pic4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chernarus=Chechnya? Ooooo naughty naughty Bohemia interactive!

ArmA 2 is set in the near future, 2009, in a fictional post-Soviet country called Chernarus (literally "Black Russia", a play on Belarus (Беларусь) which means "White Russia"). Bohemia Interactive revealed during E3 that the game will have a "roleplaying feel to it"; with in-game events affecting your character as well as the entire campaign. An example would be terrorizing noncombatants and losing their trust, thus encouraging them to give away valuable information to enemy forces. A map the size of 650 square kilometers has been mentioned in a recent interview with a BI representative. ArmA 2 is expected to be released in 2008.

Upvote 0
To be honest is doesn't look visually a whole lot better than ArmA, at least not to my eyes. This is definitely a wait and see situation for me, on the one hand you have the fact that ArmA 1 was such a let down in a lot of departments and on the other OFP2. Which has a fresh premise (anyone else sick of USA vs Soviet/Soviet like forces???) and the potential to be awesome.

Upvote 0
Well imo ArmA 2 looks like its going to be good.
I also love the colour palette, and the soviet-era feel of the island, its just teh sechs!
The uniforms look a 100 times better then ArmA, for both sides. ArmA uniforms feel so fantasy to me for some reason :D

Anyways, i recently found a gaming magazine in Austria called PC Games, and it had an exclusive preview of ArmA2, together with some ingame footage!
So, probably tomorrow, ill try to translate it, or at least the meat of it, and post it on my website, and i;ll try to get the gameplay stuff on youtube:)
Dunno if its allowed, but i'll find out soon enough of it isnt :eek::p

Upvote 0
I just saw the video as well and I thought it looked just like ArmA except for the scenario.

And this is bad how? I've always considered ArmA's graphics to be great, especially the level design. Think of it: ArmA has huge level design. Most PC's struggle to render all of that on the highest settings. Sure, I'd like to see better reload animations, gun models, textures etc too. But if it makes the game even more demanding, then screw reload animations.

HOWEVER. If they manage to make the game look prettier while making the entire thing run more fluently, then I'm all for it.

Personally, ArmA2's graphics appeal to me a lot more than ArmA's.

More like ArmA 1 should've never existed.

Either you're trolling, or you've never bothered to play in a good co-op session.

So, probably tomorrow, ill try to translate it, or at least the meat of it, and post it on my website, and i;ll try to get the gameplay stuff on youtube:)

Please do :D

Upvote 0