• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many People use the GeForce 8 Series?

WarDog64

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006
i just want to poll how many users have a geforce 8 series video card?

i really like RO, but the stuttering with the 8 series cards makes the game very hard to play! :(

personally i have two comps with the 8 series. one has 8800GTS SLi, and its a stutter fest. other computer has a single 8800GT 512mb, and its a stutter fest too :(

i have tried ever driver out to NO avail.

Nvidia need's to address this issue!

edit:

i tried to make this a poll, but just ticking the poll option didnt work?

I have 8600GTS and my fps are way too low with that card (considering it has been overclocked) - like 13-25 in empty places, normal/low settings with 1280*1024. Even though I have only 512mb of ram and Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz - I used to play with x300se 128mb and it was giving me much better performance. I tried different drivers, 163.75, 169.21/28 - all the same

Good I got this card for free, otherwise i would've been pissed off completely. :mad:

Upvote 0
Wasn't it posted somewhere on the internets that 8800 cards with over 384mb of memory had problems with the UT2 engine? Something to do with the way memory (or cpu cache?) is allocated on cards that have over 384. Doesn't make much sense to me, but I do recall seeing something to that effect that posted somewhere.

I have a 320MB 8800 GTS and generally have no troubles. There are a few places on some of the custom maps that seem to suck me into a vortex of dismall fps, but that is all. I guess I've been fortunate in that I've never experienced the fps drop on Danzig everyone talks about.

:eek: In re-reading the thread, I'm running Vista, too. 7.15.11.6369 drivers

Upvote 0
I am currently using driver 169.21

(I am NOT in SLI for Red Orchestra. I seem to have a rare problem in that I use two monitors for most of my browsing and MY SLI setup requires me to restart the computer when I enable SLI. You are not suppossed to have to do that, and I haven't been able to fix it. So I don't use SLI much. Mildly annoying, but a problem for another thread)

Upvote 0
i got the so called stuttering tried all drivers. error has been confirmed by nvidia and they are working on a fix atm. Eta unknown. user solutions havent been efective for me, but you can always try to mess with some of the settings...

how do you know that NV has indeed acknowledged the issue and is currently working on a fix?

i ask this because ive heard this story before, and nothing got fixed ...

Upvote 0
I use Fox+ 8800 GTS 320. RO works like a shine with min. 85fps. Bahh, how to get it up to 125?
LOL, 85fps as a minimum isn't enough??? i use vsync, and am capped at 75 fps because of that and it runs "smooth" when it's not stuttering that is ;)

from what ive read any NV card that has less than 384mb's of vram is exempt from the stutter bug.

come on NV we know you can fix it!!!!!

Upvote 0
I have the stutter on a 8600GTS, under XP SP2, even at 60FPS indoors it lags and jumps around. 256MB Vid RAM.
Same here.

btw I just realized that I have that lag in other games as well, similar to what M.R.Maiornikov said. I tried FofF and PVKII mods for HL2 and with min graphs they lag like hell (even my ATI x300se was able to run them on the same system with at least 50fps in any place all maxed! :mad:).

It looks like there is no way to fix it and all I can do is to by ATI and never buy nvidia again.

Upvote 0
Бользен;379921 said:
Same here.

btw I just realized that I have that lag in other games as well, similar to what M.R.Maiornikov said. I tried FofF and PVKII mods for HL2 and with min graphs they lag like hell (even my ATI x300se was able to run them on the same system with at least 50fps in any place all maxed! :mad:).

It looks like there is no way to fix it and all I can do is to by ATI and never buy nvidia again.

post your full specs including power supply. i have 3 8800's and they all run great no stutter what so ever! just RO and other UE 2.5 games.

im a WW2 whore, and all these games run awsome!

COD2 & 4
Day of Defeat Source
Counterstrike Source
MOH Allied Assault
MOH Airborne
MOH Pacific Assault
BF 1942 + exp's
BF Vietnam
BF2, and Special Forces
FarCry
Crysis even run's not bad @ 1280x1024 high quality

not all WW2, but you get my point. theres nothing wrong with the geforce 8 series :)

Upvote 0
post your full specs including power supply. i have 3 8800's and they all run great no stutter what so ever! just RO and other UE 2.5 games.

im a WW2 whore, and all these games run awsome!

COD2 & 4
Day of Defeat Source
Counterstrike Source
MOH Allied Assault
MOH Airborne
MOH Pacific Assault
BF 1942 + exp's
BF Vietnam
BF2, and Special Forces
FarCry
Crysis even run's not bad @ 1280x1024 high quality

not all WW2, but you get my point. theres nothing wrong with the geforce 8 series :)

Pentium D 820 2x2.8GHZ
Intel D945PSN board with latest drivers/bios
Antec 450W PSU in sonata 2 case (more than enough)
OCZ 512mb DDR2 (not enough, but I have ro running on a separate HDD and another one for the swap (both sata2)).
asus 8600GTS @ 740x1014 with whatever drivers
X-fi XteremeMusic with latest drivers
1024x768 or 1280x1024 - dont make any difference, I get 12-20 fps just by looking at the wall on an empty server.

Win XP SP2 with latest updates and clean install

The problem is nvidia drivers, since my ATI card works great and produces very nice fps for its potential. Moreover, HL2 mods lag too. Even FofF mod at 1024*768 with all setting set to low and DX7.... :mad:

Upvote 0