• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] New Indiana Jones Trailer

People who act

Leonardo DiCaprio
Russell Crowe
Christian Bale
Robert Downey Jr
Daniel Day Lewis
Billy Bob Thornton (Have you seen Sling Blade? OMG)

People who don't

Nicholas Cage (apart from Matchstick Men)
Tom Hanks
Harrison Ford
Roger Moore
Hayden Christensen

If any of you have the 5 disc Blade Runner there's loads of interviews and discussion about the voice over. Fascinating stuff fo'sho

Indiana Jones may in the past have been all about over the top action, but it wasn't that stupid.

By the looks of the trailer it's going to try and do the same thing, but with some fancy CGI an older Ford and that tit Lebouf doing his thing (like Transformers). If that's the case it will lack all charm of the original.

Upvote 0
Well you just can't go and use scale model Messerschmitts like in the old days. It would just look out of place. So if they use CGI for that now, that's fine by me. Heck they would've used it back then if it was available. But the movie shouldn't be all about CGI, I agree on that. I'm much more worried about the new sidekick they added though.

Upvote 0
Well you just can't go and use scale model Messerschmitts like in the old days. It would just look out of place. So if they use CGI for that now, that's fine by me. Heck they would've used it back then if it was available. But the movie shouldn't be all about CGI, I agree on that. I'm much more worried about the new sidekick they added though.

I'm worried about it becoming like Die Hard 4. Instead of Indiana Jones just being a tough bastard who can pull off some neat feats of skill, he'll turn into a super-human hero, because it's easy to do that kind of stuff with CGI now. And that just ruins the character for me.

I think that's one of the drawbacks to CGI that people forget about sometimes: The large amount of freedom it gives lets crappy and over-the-top writing seep through.

Upvote 0