• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to game; what should I know to lessen the learning curve?

The worst thing you can possibly do is throw a grenade only to have it land in a pack of friendlies and kill them all. Practice with grenades before you start using them in combat, especially in close quarters with mixed enemy/friendly troops.

1) If you're going to 'nade an objective, make sure there are no friendlies in there trying to cap. If your team was at 98% on the cap and you blow them to pieces, be prepared for some serious backlash from your team. :p
2) If you're lobbing through a hole like a window, make sure that you've got no friendlies around you in case you get a "bounceback".
3) If you die with a live nade in your hand, yell "DEAD NADE!" to let others know your corpse's dead hands are holding a live explosive.
4) If you're going to pull the pin and time the throw (for instance, if you're trying to make an airburst), make sure you're well aware of how long it'll take to blow.

Upvote 0
Oh god I love this game! Ever since the 2.0 mod days I've been watching these threads come and go, teaching new RO players the tricks of the trade! It's really great to see that such a tradition still exists and that people are still interested in playing good games.

All of the tips people gave you are great so I wont' add any more of my own. My only suggestion is to have fun! Once you get the hang of it and find where your strengths are, the game will really come alive for you and be a rewarding experience.

Personally, I've always been a bolt man, ever since the beginning. Period. And that's okay -- I'm a good player in my own mind and I stick to my strengths. It's great to go into a game and know that you play a special role.

Upvote 0