• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Strange error message when I try to start the game - please help

MrSkip

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
I had the game installed on another machine before this and now I am trying to play on my new computer and I get this:

"
Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file for package 'Characters_tex'
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

"

I thought it made a clean install just like it always had, but apparently something isn't right I have tried several times already with the same result.
Any suggestions?

Try verifying if that doesnt work try this

Error: "Can't find file 'xyz'"
Fix: Check your launch options in Steam - right-click on RO in Steam ---> "Properties" ---> "Set launch options" and ensure the box is EMPTY - no text at all. If you launch from a desktop icon, check there are no extraneous parameters - should look like this (roughly):
c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200
change that to if you cant get it to work

c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 rointro.rom
or it was the following cant remember :p

c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -rointro.rom

Upvote 0
probably a corrupted file. If your download speed is fast manually delete (do not use the steam delete) the entire ro folder and redownload again. If your download speed isn't that good delete the entire textures folder and try to verify the game cache then.

Try deleting redorchestra.ini and user.ini too in the system file too they could be corrupted too.

Upvote 0
i'm getting same problem

i'm getting same problem

i've the same problem man... can't find help for it yet

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3004 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (6921)

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file for package 'Characters_anm'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0