• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

grenades wounding sometimes

Anyway, in my mind I was wounded :p
Don't mind me. I just love to rip quotes out of their context.:D

It doesn't matter much if one is wounded or not. A shot can still kill you and you can still survive a shot. In the mod it might have mattered more when your hud-dude became yellow if you were shot with a survivable bullet the first time and you died the second time, but in Ostfront I have the feeling that being wounded has no effect on your survivability at all.

The only real effect I can feel when being wounded is that I can only walk very slowly for a few seconds when my legs are red. Technically grenades should do that to you too if they hit you there.

As we don't have shrapnels but a more or less radial damage system (I think) grenades wouldn't wound parts of your body but more often than not your whole hud-dude would be red. Maybe they left it out completely then to avoid that because it would look pretty stupid.

Upvote 0
Yeah, since grenades are concussive and fragmenting, there wouldnt be many instances of just being wouned. You would either be made a full blown casualty (taken out of action completely, as in missing a leg, arm, etc), killed, or, the wound would only be reletively minor (like a scratch or cut, maybe a bit of debris embedded in your skin, but nothing that would effect your performance).

PS the expression "Hud-dude" made me laugh

Upvote 0
Yeah they do wound, I have noticed you can surive one near miss where your character goes arg, but if it happens again you will die, even though you hud-dude :D remains completly white, and you are out of noraml nade kill range.

Also, Murphy, wounding does effect surviarbilty, otherwise you would never be able to kill someone with an smg or pistol, as that nearly always needs more than one hit.

Upvote 0
No, you just dont usually score a critical with the first hit. As I understand it, RO doesnt work of a 'life' or 'hit points' system, but rather a critical hit system. Whether being wounded increases your chance for a critical hit or not, I dont know. [I could be completely off on the whole critical thing, but that is how I have interpreted the damage system in RO]

Upvote 0