• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

connection failed

got the issue too, but i fail to see in how far this is ISP related.

Well, for some people it happens really randomly and i cannot really track down the problem.

Just an example: Tiscali online gaming problems:

The ongoing problems, which appear to have been affecting fans of games including Call of Duty 4, EVE Online, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Team Fortress 2 since at least October 2007, are acknowledged in a post by a Tiscali technical administrator.
->Full article

Upvote 0
As said it seemed to start happening since the last patch (the one that came with krivoirog not the hotfix), but it might have been a steam update or whatever but it happened around the same time. And i can remember dropping out a lot when testing we were testing.

I can vouch for that all of the clan IcM have got the issue so thats another 15? people to add to the list and everybody i talked to concerning the issue have said they got it.

I can say too that for me and most IcM guys sure we had an occasional connection failed before but that was like at max once a week, since the patch it occurs occasionally.

Since the last patch more network alike things have been reported and things of that i've been having myself too as if the server was having packetloss without showing it. Happens on all servers including servers twi used to test on like the wild bunch.

Before the patch people didn't drop out as rapidly, there were occasional disconnects yes. But not in the order it is now, i'm playing ro matches with people on team speak everyday, and i always hear of multiple people getting connection failed. Before the patch for me i had less that 1 connection failed per week, now i have 3 or 4 per day.
And see my entire clan drop out from multiple servers or when playing mixed matches/public while on ts seeing people drop by the minute.

Maybe there is a connection between this error and the error of people getting a packetloss like feeling without the server having packetloss. Something you can't really prove, beside the experience of people and the amount having the issue.

Often 1 or 2 people seem to drop at the exact same time too, and again it happens on all servers i've played on and i'm not the most active person i know but i still play around 30 hours every 2 weeks on average.

I hope there is some information here that might bring you guys a bit closer to solving it, as i simply cannot report bugs like this because i cant find the exact replication for it.

Anyway if i can somehow help you devs fixing this issue, just contact me i'll do the best i can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I get this a lot, worse on some days than others, same with servers. I'm on Internode (Australia) and aside from the occasional flicker in service during nearby storms thanks to our oversensitive modem (rarely enough to even register let alone drop me from a server), I know of no issues which could cause it. One second I'm fine, then bam, connection failed. Never seemed to happen before the update, which leads me to think that something there is going wrong.

Upvote 0
As said it seemed to start happening since the last patch (the one that came with krivoirog not the hotfix), but it might have been a steam update or whatever but it happened around the same time.

Im under the same impression, it seems to have started with the last patch.

Also, it seems to me that I get the these disconnects only at the beginning of a gaming session. I might lose connection 2-3 times within the first 10min or so, afterwards I can play for 3 hours straight without any disconnects...:confused:

Further, there might be days when I get no disconnection at all....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0