• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help me upgrade my comp, please?

Ok i have uploaded 2 files:

163.75_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql - is the one i am currently using. Had the least amount of trouble with this one.

169.09_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_beta
- is a beta driver that runs best with Crysis. This was pretty solid too, Crysis performance was the same however it enabled me to turn shaders to medium without glitches. Thus increasing performance.
Many many thanks again Dcode!

Will try both and see how it goes because indeed with the latest driver (169.21) some games run great with AA, etc and some struggle a lot. Will be interesting to see how older drivers perform. :)

Upvote 0
Did you access the Nvidia control panel by right clicking on your desktop and clicking 'NVIDIA control panel'? It will ask you for advanced or basic settings, select advanced and then set your options in 'Manage 3D settings'.

Anyway seen as the latest official drivers are working out for you then stick with those. Nvidia drivers are weird, some people experience better results with different versions than others.

Upvote 0
Did you access the Nvidia control panel by right clicking on your desktop and clicking 'NVIDIA control panel'? It will ask you for advanced or basic settings, select advanced and then set your options in 'Manage 3D settings'.
I know about the advanced settings, that's how I fine tuned my actual driver to make my racing game run from stutter to smooth :D

But the thing, m8, is that advanced settings menu wasn't accessible at all with 163.75, maybe because I needed the international driver version (Switzerland).

Thanks for everything though! :)

Upvote 0