• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another Teamwork night 8th of February

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
You might say this is a shameless bump for activity for our server, in someway you might be right. But there is more to this.

Since i renamed the Core 32 player server the last day before ostfront released as the server admin of core The Last Waltz, i never imagined the changes that came with ostfront ^^. And that for my adminning period it probably was the Last Waltz.

With changes i don't talk about differences in the game mechanics so much or how the game is played, after all like pretty much all old mod folks that hanged around irc a bit we all played in the public beta phase.

In that beta phase lots of us had gotten to love and hate certain aspects of the new ostfront and most of us thought that in most ways it would bring lots of new guys that would love the game that we loved, so finally could get more servers filled than 1 european server and 1 american server. The skill level and the teamwork that happened in that public beta period and in those days were at Ostfront's all time hight that time.

No things didn't change because the mod players were all so much better players many of them are still here today, or that too many new players ****ed things up. No the problem was with the idea of having more players pretty much all communities ended up with servers and being able to get them filled, logical choice for a clan that wants to recruit although this change of all the top people always playing together to lots of players just going in a server to have a pop at shooting practice.

I just want to relive the feeling of a server filled with people who call themselves good players of ro. Lately the flame for me of RO has dimmed a bit, and like most people from then my skills have degraded tenfolds. Now being nothing more than an average player at best from being reasonably good in the mod.

I just want to feel once again to ignite my fire and possibly other people's fire of rivalry and will to get better once again in trying a veteran night. So that the new aces of the game and old people that still hold strong show me the hight of level there is in this game, and see where we can go in a team play matter. Not about gaining self esteem because i know ill be beaten flatly to the ground but to gain a vision that there are still things to aim for in this game.

For this on friday the 8th of february

i'll be trying to get a teamplay night running, for the veterans of current ro willing to feel and show where the level of RO play is.

We can use the IcM (89.187.66.213:7757) public server for this, or if people really think that's too much of a server advert we could use another server. The server should perform pretty well again, although i hope to get it filled this week a bit before the actual day so the last performance disaster wont happen again

Password, will be: teamplay

We can use the Core (eurots4.clanservers.com:8770) teamspeak server for this,

so communication goes a little bit easier and trouble free than in game voip.

Well try to fill the server from 7pm gmt, 8pm cet, or for you americans 2pm est

Remember i'm not trying to make an elitist count and filling up the server for that, its to have a day to try and see and remember how Modern RO plays when you only play with people that know the game and love it, like you guys on this forum do ^^.

Maplists, Serverslots etc can be talked about, and is up to you guys mostly. Although i do it for my own enjoyment too, in a team game the best enjoyment comes from everybody enjoying it so you can have your dice in it.
Recruiting is allowed on the server, just like in the old days when we started up a server finally to be able to let people recruit (before the launch of the server only 1 server was active and people weren't allowed to recruit there we never wanted that to happen to people and rather wanted more opponents to play against, a philosophy core probably still holds in high regards)
The IcM server is a Quad core 2.8ghz server so it can hold quite some slots safely. Although for game play purpose i think over 40 slots in anyway is not a good solution.

So please enroll in a fun sparring game, with old new and future friends and rivals :) And give suggestion for the returning of this tradition.

Last edited: