• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The most interesting game in a long time.

I really hope they will have propper cockpits, then it'll be interesting!

All thease space flyers allways leave that part out, and then, its like flying IL2 in chase cam view.. it defies the point!

The only one i can remember having a 3D cokpit was Hardwar.. ahh, now there's a game that needs a sequel!

Upvote 0
Newtonian physics: rigid body physics are used to simulate the game objects. However, the newtonian space flight will be controlled by a computer, which will simplify the navigation. The amount of inertia is automatically adjusted. It will be very easy to travel in space, land on a planet, or dock to a station in manual mode.
Yay! Hopefully it won't feature any sound in space either.

-edit-
Sounds and music play an important role in a game(as in any multimedia product) so we decided that we will have sounds in space. For people who want a more realistic representation there will be an option turn off the space sounds so you will only hear the sounds from your own ship.
Yay again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My guess is that it is going to be a typical overhyped Peter Molyneux game: Sounds as if it would allow total freedom but in the end it is stripped down to the game essentials that can be sucked out of the otherwhise fantastic concept. Still a great game in its own right, but nothing compared to what it was said to be pre-release. Lets hope it is different this time.:eek:

Now for that Infinity game: Has anyone played the game? A beta maybe, or that combat prototype they had a while ago?

Upvote 0
Except that Will Wright is developing spore, not Molyneux.

back to Infinity; this seems like the first non-tech-demo game that I've heard of that's relying extensively on procedural coding as a major component. I'm definitely looking forwards to it.

EDIT: or rather, procedural coding as a way of storing the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing with those dates is - we all know how much the computing environment changes in very short periods of time.. it makes me wonder how the dev team for this game would, if at all, reconsider its methods given new technology. Whether its more powerful engines which allow for new possibilities that may be attractive to the dev teams' overall vision, and/or hardware advancements that change the playing field of their software - you can almost be assured something will change by then.

Upvote 0