• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Pariserplatz-pak-v1

the lack of armor is an error on my side, i set the reinforcements to 0 for the tanks that were supposed to spawn after the gate was capped, thinking that it would make them spawn infinately like with soldier roles. but i was wrong and now they dont spawn at all.
but everytime i have played (depending on the tanker skill) the soviets were able to keep at least 1 tank up to the last minutes. heck i survived with only losing my IS2 twice in 35 minutes.
i will fix this nonetheless, and maybe hang a sign at the russian spawn telling the players that the tanks are limited in numbers and that they must be carefull.
so many times i have seen the soviets running out of tanks afte only 10 minutes, and then going "where are the tanks??" those tankers can have 200 tanks, and still they wont help the team one bit.

Can you add a ingame screen message to a tanker getting in a tank? That would be cool. I wish I would have bee on your team when you were playing. I need a sign that says "If you dont know what your doing, be a rifleman", lol.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Intensive streetfights are my personal favourite ;)
You will notice that all players will use the buildings after a few weeks, because they are your only way of protection. Add more cover to the streets and fighting will be erupting there again.
I agree, you need to get rid of some of the enterable buildings and big stairwells, especially on street corners. Try and make it so the infantry must attack/defend the more open areas, and thus they will be in closer support of the tanks. It all gets very boring around the last capzone in my opinion, with people of both teams just wandering all over the place.

While the new version looks great, the gameplay in the older versions was better, this is definitely due to lack of fighting in the streets themselves. I also remember in the older versions, German infantry spawned more in the middle of area, so they were spread out more.

Here's a screenshot I took ages ago, that's something you probably won't see much of in this latest version:

Brandenburg_Tor_by_LordCraigus.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What did the Unter den Linden look like at the time of the battle?
If the street was cleared of debris there would not be much cover for the infantry and they would have used the buildings for cover and as fighting positions and thus the buildings would have been sources of vicious close quarters action just like it is on this map.
There is plenty of street fighting on the approach to the Brandenburger Tor and after that the style of fighting changes and that gives the map a high degree of diversity in the styles of fighting used which I think is a good thing. Also in reality it is only the fighting for the very last objective that takes place in the buildings rather than on the streets the rest of the objectives all takes place on debris and cover filled streets. This issue is not a problem in my mind.

This is an epic map:) and the only things missing is tripod mounted MG34/42's and the T 34/76 with hexagonal turret...

Upvote 0
Ok I've played v2 at least 6 rounds now and I have a few comments.

-Some of the objectives/spawn zones make no sense. In some cases the objective Friedens alle objective will be behind the russian spawn when still in german hands. The last objective has axis spawning on both sides which makes even trying to get near the capzone suicide. Please consider keeping the spawn to one side and increasing the size of the cap. Right now the only option for allies to win is to set up on either of axis spawns street and spawn camp.

-Make unlimited tanks for both sides. There are no shortage of panzerfausts plus many buildings for protection.

-Please make a new skin for the panther thats similar to the pakwagen :D

Upvote 0
Bug Repport?

Bug Repport?

When as Allied you have capped the Pariserplatz objective the the last objective, Unter den Linden, is opened I experienced this evening that if the german team re-cap Parizerplatz before the allied team have capped the last objective the allied team can still cap Unter den Linden but if the allied team cap Unter den Linden they can not re cap the Pariserplazt objective untill the germans have re-capped the Unter den Linden objective.

Upvote 0
- A few things:
-The AT guns seem to always have some kind of obstruction/clutter limiting the actual area you can fire making them a bit pointless in some areas due to excessive obstructions/clutter for example like trees and lamp posts.
-Possibly make the rear AT guns (the ones not yet in combat) spawn later in the match as "kid" players tend to waste their ammuntion before the tanks get there.
-When it gets to the point where the two AT guns point at each other I think moving or removing one is probably something to condsider because people have shooting matches across the street.
-As for tanks I really liked the Tiger I it had in the earlier days I think someone said it was a "placeholder for the Tiger II" -I liked that idea
- Less artillery for the Russians or perhaps more wait time- We were clobbered right in the spawn with it strike after strike.
-I really enjoyed the opened up buildings so I hope you wont plug them up
-Panzerfaust should be linked to cap zones so there are not so many of them having panzerfausts hurled at enemy infantry like somekind of mortars detracts from your great map.
- Should probably be a few more bolt-rifles for everyone- rememmber the Svt-40 is a reletively rare rifle (for Russians) due to patchy production.
Still a Great map!

Lastly this goes to all you players out there if you see some one in the Pakwagon gun postion do not get in the driver's postion and start driving all over the map!!! It maybe that that player is trying to actually shoot something
-:mad:

Atomskytten said:
This is an epic map:) and the only things missing is tripod mounted MG34/42's and the T 34/76 with hexagonal turret...
What about the Tiger II?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i need some time to think it all through, myself i can feel there is something not quite right once past the gate. i wanted to respect the historical architecture, so the platz is wider and you dont get that intense street fight feeling as much.
im really happy with the map part pre-gate.
i will probably let the germans only spawn on one side at the last objective, and maybe re-introduce the "last pockets of resistance" objective and make that last street more detailed so everybody fights his way in there like before.
about the fausts, i tried limiting their numbers, butsomehow i cant find the setting anymore that regulated the spawnnumbers, has it disappeared since an update?
@smokey: i will give infinate tanks to allies, but its impossible for the germans. i always wanted a berlin skin for the panther, and i had started my own but the panther skin is a really tough nut to crack!

BUT i will only finalise this map once i get my hands on a kingtiger and panzerschrecks :p ! (not joking)

Upvote 0
@smokey: i will give infinate tanks to allies, but its impossible for the germans. i always wanted a berlin skin for the panther, and i had started my own but the panther skin is a really tough nut to crack!

BUT i will only finalise this map once i get my hands on a kingtiger and panzerschrecks :p ! (not joking)

Good stuff thanks :D

Upvote 0
i need some time to think it all through, myself i can feel there is something not quite right once past the gate. i wanted to respect the historical architecture, so the platz is wider and you dont get that intense street fight feeling as much.
im really happy with the map part pre-gate.
i will probably let the germans only spawn on one side at the last objective, and maybe re-introduce the "last pockets of resistance" objective and make that last street more detailed so everybody fights his way in there like before.
Yes, please make some changes after the gate so it's more like it used to be... :D Like I said, taking away some of the inside areas might help. Also, the last objective no longer feels as much of an 'epic' struggle as it used to be, it used be a bit like trying to take the Moltke Bridge on Kriegstadt, admittedly not as difficult.

I also agree maybe putting 1 Tiger in might be cool...

dhm1178.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Intensive streetfights are my personal favourite ;)
You will notice that all players will use the buildings after a few weeks, because they are your only way of protection. Add more cover to the streets and fighting will be erupting there again.
I agree. I have played V2 four or five rounds.It's a little boring around the last capzone I think.When as German I picked up a MG42 and set up in a second floor building,but I had nobody to kill. Everyone is in the buildings and there are few people in the street.:(
I also love the screenshot that Trendkill took ages ago. When as German,this was my favourite place I would stay. But now I can't find these kind of cover in the street in V2.
Anyway,it's still a great map,Sepp. :)
(Sorry for bad English.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To me, the position of the last objective in relation to the German spawns presents a problem. The Soviets are "invited" to "spawn rape" the Axis in order to take the final objective.

The objective is virtually in the line of sight of the two alleys where the Axis spawn. This encourages the Soviets to control the intersections and offers them the ability to mow down the Axis as they spawn (or before they can reach cover). I'm not defending/attacking the issue of spawn killing. And as a means of clearing out the Axis on this map and taking control of the final objective, it may well be the mapper's intent. I don't know. What I do know is that I got tired of hearing, "quit spawn camping", "we can't get out of spawn", etc. :rolleyes: As it turned out, the Soviets never did take the map, but every effort to control the flow of Axis in the side streets was met with a wail of discontent.

Perhaps move the axis last spawn back 1/2 a block or not positioned in direct line of sight with the last objective?

I like the feel and look of the map. Its fun to play with experienced players.

Floyd (just some thoughts from the cheap seats)

Upvote 0
i was actually hoping the allies would concentrate on securing the corner building from wich the germans controll the last objective. but almost nobody tries to capture that building first.
v3 will bring back the combat in the streets and make the last objective more intense hopefully

I think part of the problem is that 90% of those wonderful buildings are useless for two reasons: 1.) They aren't cap zones and 2.) They have no windows whatsoever! I think if you give those upper stories of the two buildings leading up to the final objective some windows, it would entice both sides to actively try and hold them to give them an advantage. Right now they're basically complex passageways instead of tactical positions.

I'm talking about the Hotel and the building to the left (from Russian perspective). Windows overlooking the approach to the final objective and perhaps a few overlooking Paiserplatz itself, then fix the Russian tank spawn problems, and the map would be close to finished.

Upvote 0