• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
If you have UT2004 you could odwnload the REd ORchestra mod and see if that runs ok. The performance of RO-mod and RO:Ostfront is almost identical.

You could also post your stats and we will tell you how well it is going to run.

Also take a look at this:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24903
There is talk about a trial version of RO in a gaming magazine.

Upvote 0
as long as it is a new version on amazon, it should work
if its used dont buy it or talk to the owner about getting his steam id and password with RO if its opened

open the start menu, go to run and type dxdiag(XP) or just type in dxdiag in the search(vista) and copy and paste your system specs here

Upvote 0
I beg to differ on that one. Ostfront definitely requires higher comp specs.

True. I agree with Athena, Ostfront requires more from your computer.
If not framerate-wise, then at least load-time wise.
I remember starting up Ostfront on premier night, with only 512 MB RAM... By the time i got into the server, i got kicked out immediately for idleness, it took around 10 minutes to get in!
Next day i bought another stick of 512 MB RAM and then i could finally join servers in a decent fashion, but loadtimes were still longer then those from the mod.

Upvote 0
With the loadtime fix you can get loading times of about 2-3 minutes with 512MBRam.

Anyway, that screenshot of sysreq doesn't help a lot, because it doesn't show your system stats. Understand that sysreq isn't a benchmarking program but it just looks at what you have and what the requirements stated by the developer are - most of the time they are nonsense though.

Post your stats and we will give you a much more accuracte picture of things.

Upvote 0
If you have UT2004 you could odwnload the REd ORchestra mod and see if that runs ok. The performance of RO-mod and RO:Ostfront is almost identical.

You could also post your stats and we will tell you how well it is going to run.

Also take a look at this:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24903
There is talk about a trial version of RO in a gaming magazine.

Ostfront doesn't run smooth on a 3700+ oced with 1gb of ram and an X1950XT.

In the mod time i had a 2500+ oced with 512mb of ram and a 6800

The mod ran smooth for me with everything high etc ost front doesn't really run that smooth.

Upvote 0
I have an Athlon64 3000+, 2GB Ram and a 6600GT with 128MB VRam and RO runs perfectly smooth. Everything on highest @ 1024*768*32 (could go higher but I run all my games on that resolution). No AA, no AF.
It runs at 40-60 frames per second, even on huge maps with high player counts.

A GeForce3Ti200 with 64MB VRam I had before could show the game up to "high" detail as well. Only higher settings bogged down the game more. The cpu was my bottleneck back in the days.

I'd say that with 1GB of Ram and effective 2.5GHz cpu power the game should be very playable with nearly any recent graphicscard. Maybe the tankmaps could still be troublesome but almost all the infantery and some of the combined arms maps should work well.

Going back to the D3D renderer could provide older graphics cards with the boost they need. Bloom can be disabled as well although it doesn't drain too much performance anyway.

Upvote 0