• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Race_Steam2008-01-2118-50-12-00.jpg

Race_Steam2008-01-2118-49-56-16.jpg

ep2_outland_020004.jpg

ep2_outland_020006.jpg

ep2_outland_030007.jpg

ep2_outland_10a0002.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeh I play on mod servers now. No cross-hairs or hit indicators!

At least ArmA players dont jump around like overramped energizerbunnies :D
now what do you prefer, crosshairs and otherwise full realism, or bunnyhopping running and gunning 12 year olds? no-crosshairs or hit indicators be damned.

Upvote 0
Cool. Are there many people racing online?

Steam needs more racing games. I would love to see the GTR or GTL series make it to Steam.
I tend not to play this online. I'm not a huge fan of realistic driving, so I never spend too much time tuning the cars properly. Though I do play Trackmania online and it seems to have a huge following there.

Upvote 0
At least ArmA players dont jump around like overramped energizerbunnies :D
now what do you prefer, crosshairs and otherwise full realism, or bunnyhopping running and gunning 12 year olds? no-crosshairs or hit indicators be damned.

COD4 is showing some real promise with the release of the mod tools. The community may have a tonne of young players, but they will find something else eventually!

You should check it out if you own the game

Upvote 0
COD4 is showing some real promise with the release of the mod tools. The community may have a tonne of young players, but they will find something else eventually!

You should check it out if you own the game

Just like all the CoDUO players found something else eventually?:rolleyes:
That allready was more then i could stand.

Upvote 0
Never played it. This is the first cod game Ive bothered buying for online play!

I would have played UO for its single player though, but never got round to it!

Anyways, dont ever say ArmA isnt realistic just because it has crosshairs.
The game simulates so much stuff, its unimaginable. And to compare it to CoD4 is close to blashphemy.
Where are bullet ricochets in CoD4? Where is bulletdrop in CoD4? Does firing your weapon make your vision go dark in nightvision goggles in CoD4? (remember, your eyes need adjusting to the device, and to light sources. ArmA models this, even with flashes from your rifle)
There are so many examples of ArmA simulating things or keeping other stuff in check, like belltowers going on on exactly the hour, or half an hour.
There's a 1 on 1 scale day and night cycle, so if you put the game on the same timezone as you have while its still light, and it goes dark outside, so will ArmA at the same time.

Upvote 0