• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Portal: First Slice - free for Nvidia users.

Nice. Thank you for the link. Wanted to try Portal anyway. :)

It also seems to include HL2:Deathmatch and Lost Coast. Is that only because I already have the box version of HL2 (I know HL2:DM came free with it) or does every NVidia user get HL2:DM for free with that offer?
If that was true, I could get my friend to download it and we would be able to play Sourcemods together, is that correct? I mean, HL2:DM is all you need for most of the total conversion type mods!?
Would be cool if someone could clarify this.

Upvote 0
Rattus, I wasnt saying peggle was hard or anything else, more like its just stuipidly addictive. Portal though is just a brilliantly designed game, while easy on the most part, one or two bit later on may stump you depending on how your mind works.

Though just as that Yahtzee guy said, i started the game expecting a portal based first person puzzler and found one of the best designed, innovative and entertaining games ive ever played.

Upvote 0
Yes, but free HL2DM like this doesn't.

Can you elaborate more on this?

For example: Have you ever purchased a source based game with your steam account? If not have you downloaded any of the freebies and tried to install a mod?

I ask this because i am sure i heard the same thing a while ago - that you could not install mods on freebies including HL2: DM but the fortress forever manual made me think otherwise.

This needs clearing up.

Upvote 0