• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Best Shots at What The Cloverfield Monster Looks Like?

Even though that scene looked like two smaller monsters attacking a civilian, they were actually two scientists in bio suits restraining someone. If you watch that part of the trailer frame by frame, it almost looks like the civilian's stomach expands as if something is gestating inside of her.

ahhh. it was hard to tell without slowing it down.

maybe they can infest people?

is it known if it is just one monster? or lots?

Upvote 0
Lets hope it is better than that ****ing Hollywood Godzilla movie, man I was 15 when I saw that thing and even then I thought it was stupid. Like remember the part where they lure Godzilla to the fish, I always wondered why there wasn't an Abrams parked there to put a ****ing depleted uraniam APFSDS projectile through it's brain.

:D

Upvote 0
It would be funny as hell if they had a point where the creature rears its ugly head and suddenly, the movie cuts to a rick and/or duck roll or even a Bel-Air.

See, this is why I wish I was an eccentric Billionaire, so I could pull pranks like that.

Everyone walks into the theatre waiting to see the Most Epic and Hyped Movie Ever, and 15 seconds in....BAM, Rick Rolled.

I mean even though Rick Roll is so played out now, I'd totally spend 40 million in marketing and hype to screw with people. Sometimes I think I've got a bit of Andy Kaufmans spirit in me.

Upvote 0
Is it also possible that this really is a (many million dollar) viral campaign for the TV show Lost? It would seem very, very extravagant, but then again, they would've only needed to create a minute of footage, and a lot of that is relatively cheap shakey-cam footage of screaming people, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

Upvote 0
See, this is why I wish I was an eccentric Billionaire, so I could pull pranks like that.

Everyone walks into the theatre waiting to see the Most Epic and Hyped Movie Ever, and 15 seconds in....BAM, Rick Rolled.

I mean even though Rick Roll is so played out now, I'd totally spend 40 million in marketing and hype to screw with people. Sometimes I think I've got a bit of Andy Kaufmans spirit in me.

ROFL

Upvote 0

Yeh but you can only do that once!

Bit of a waste if you ask me!

Upvote 0
Is it also possible that this really is a (many million dollar) viral campaign for the TV show Lost? It would seem very, very extravagant, but then again, they would've only needed to create a minute of footage, and a lot of that is relatively cheap shakey-cam footage of screaming people, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

I've never watched Lost (catching up with House at the moment) but what does that TV show have to do with the premise of a monster attacking New York City?

Upvote 0
This is it:

P_Rodney_Dangerfield_1.jpg

Upvote 0