• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Wrong Maps Loading During Voting

ro50pc

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 27, 2007
Just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone has ever had this problem.

When I vote for a map using the voting screen in the game it says the map I voted for won but it switches to a different map.

Example: I was playing a map and I voted for Arad. It says "Arad has won!" but, instead of loading Arad, it loads Arad-SH-4. I took Arad_SH-4 out of my map list and then I can vote for Arad and it works. The moment I put Arad-SH-4 back in and try to vote for regular old Arad, it loads up Arad-SH-4.

I tried searching the Beta and Final realease areas but I couldnt even find a thread for Arad-SH-4.

I just posted this under the thread for Arad_sh-3.

Last edited:
Well, I may have solved it. When I looked at my maplist in my redorchestra.ini file there are the regular default maps and the custom maps. The default maps are all ro-mapxyz and the custom maps are all RO-mapxyz.

The Arad map had RO instead of ro.

It works now so...maybe? I dunno.

Upvote 0
This dumb server did it again. Now, webadmin can be quirky at times but I selected RO-Arad from the drop down menu under current and when it switched maps it load RO-Arad-SH?

Why would it do that? Ive seen this every so often where everyone will vote for a specific map, like my before mentioned posts, and the same thing.

Just silly I tell ya, just silly.

Upvote 0
Until someone comes up with something definitive, I'll take an educated guess.

I would suspect that somewhere in the custom map's .rom file the custom map is named ro-arad and it may depend upon where the "pointer" is in the maplist.

I'll try to explain:
Your map list has 20 maps.
Maps 5 and 12 are ro-arad and ro-arad-SH-4 respectively.
The current map being played is #10 in the list.
ro-arad (#5) is voted for.
Because ro-arad-SH-4 (#12) is next, it is the next map played. (also because its not named in appropriately in the .rom)

Were you on map #13, then map#5 would have been next.

I have no idea if this has any validity to it or not. I'm just guessing.
But it sure sounds to me like the editors of the custom maps failed to edit something somewhere.

Floyd (if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh#t) ;)

Upvote 0
Sounds like a good enough theory for me. It hasnt done it in awhile now, so...well hell, your on our server often enough, you would see it if it did it.

This issue really caused problems for me when I tried to load some of the other versions of Arad such as winter, SH III, etc. Thats why they arent on.

Upvote 0